Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Appearance

Old 07-31-2013, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 07' Mastercraft X30 LY6
2007 X30 Graphics

Here are some images of my "new to me" 07'X30. The first one shows the boat at the dealer when it had a navy blue bimini. It is hard to see, but the graphics on the back and the stripe above the rub rail are both dark navy as well (the stripe above the rub rail is gel coat, not vinyl). I changed the bimini out to black and also changed the platform to teak. Now, I'm thinking about changing the graphics. So, I have three options:

1. Keep everything the same, but add a navy blue "Mastercraft" logo along the sides to help fill it out. This option would be less costly and I'm thinking it would look sharp?

2. Pay to have a black vinyl stripe wrapped over the blue gelcoat stripe. Then remove the factory graphics and replace with the bullseye and black mastercraft logo. I'm thinking it would look like the last photo of a fellow TT'er's x2? My concern is whether the vinyl strip above the rub rail would hold up. Also, when you add all the graphics and the stripe together, it turns out to be a pretty penny.

3. Just leave it the way it is.

I'm not savvy with the photo shopping the graphics on the boat to see what it would look like, but I know some are.

What would you do?
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2013, 04:26 PM

Boat: 06 X30
I like the bullseye graphics better but at $450 a side I'd rather just put it in the tank.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
dude you have a red, white and blue boat. stick the navy drop mold mastercraft on the side (maybe even add the stars like from a recent prostar), then stick an american flag somewhere
Old 08-01-2013, 10:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X15
Be careful

I just put the target reticule graphics on my 06 x15. It cost me 1000 bucks, I had them installed by a mc dealer figuring they would be perfect. When I picked up the boat I inspected and was very dissatisfied. The port side thin curved line was torn and wrinkled. The starboard side had a big pull that was very noticeable. I counted 5 noticeable defects in total. Good thing I inspected before I drove away. The dealer was nice but they had the graphics on for weeks and neither told me nor fixed it. Instead I have wasted my time picking up the boat and now I need to take it back for repairs. I am now waiting to see of they make it right like they say they will. My advice is to clarify who actually installs ( in house or sublet) and what happens if the graphics are torn or wrinkled. I expected a professional grade perfect install not the " I could have done it better myself" install.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
The Mastercraft on the side would be sweet but as dark as the red is would it stand out (see below)? Maybe if you get it with the chrome edge/border? Or white? I think you should forget the rail, swap the numbers out for matching red and go with a white Mastercraft down the side so you are 99%% Red and White. That should be pretty cheap and sweet - plus that rail is about as close to black as blue gets, it really isn't noticeable especially if that is the last place it is remaining on the boat.

I personally wouldn't go through the cost of the bullseye and rail vinyl (although I like them).

I think this boat looks really sharp as is, although I am biased since I am tied up to it nearly every weekend!

Some pics below.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 03:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Here ya go
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2013, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Coffeyman, yeah that looks nice!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

New Graphics

Well guys, I decided on adding the white Mastercraft hull decal. I'm pretty pumped about the way it looks.
Attached Images