Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2013, 12:24 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar with a Corvette LT1
Maristar Dash Restoration

I just wanted to share some information on my dash restoration. I ordered the replacement decals from Garzon Studios (same place that makes the Capacity Stickers) and I rewrapped my panels Saturday.

I measured and layed out my dash panels in AutoCad and sent them the files, they were not able to convert the drawings directly but they scaled their layout to match what I sent them. I also scanned some Bubinga wood vinyl that I sent them for the wood grain, originaly I was hoping I could wrap the dash with the vinyl then have white letters cut out and apply those but I could not find any shops that could make letters that small.

This is what I recieved from them:

I wish I had spent more time sanding and filling any imperfections in my old dash panels, they show thru the vinyl some:

After installing gauges the roughness is not as noticable:

I hope this gives someone some ideas of what can be done, the guy at Garzon's said he redid some of the woodgrain in his car after talking with me.
Steve