Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 10:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MC, 35th Anniversary Edition, 03 Stars & Stripes
Curious, how much per square foot?

I'm going to be building soon. I'll be hiring a builder. I'm curious, after it was all said and done, do you have an approximate guess at what you ended up paying per square foot for heated and/or non heated space?

Congratulations on an outstanding job and house. I wish I had the skills to do half of what you did.
amonette516@comcast.net
Old 07-01-2013, 10:00 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
For some reason I am unable to upload the driveway asphalt pics so if anyone would like to see it, send me a pm with your email address and I will send them directly to you until I get them posted.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
For some reason I am unable to upload the driveway asphalt pics so if anyone would like to see it, send me a pm with your email address and I will send them directly to you until I get them posted.
Yeah, the site is screwed up somehow with pictures. I've heard their working on it....

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-07-2013, 08:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None right now. :(
I don't know how I missed this thread for the last few weeks.

Anyway congrats on the move. The inside looks great!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 AM
MC Devotee

Update: The driveway photo's I tried to post previously.

Here are the pics of the recycled asphalt drive that we put down and that I spoke of in earlier posts (finally able to post the pics).

The current project is getting the lumber pricing for the deck, which I hope to have wrapped-up by the end of the week so that I can get it delivered and start building sometime next week. On tap for this weekend will be some grading work now that we have dried out a bit.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Here are the pics of the recycled asphalt drive that we put down and that I spoke of in earlier posts (finally able to post the pics).

The current project is getting the lumber pricing for the deck, which I hope to have wrapped-up by the end of the week so that I can get it delivered and start building sometime next week. On tap for this weekend will be some grading work now that we have dried out a bit.
Looks good!! Now my little car can get back there without scraping bottom...

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190, LTR 330
Looks good! We used recycled asphalt in our yard and it didn't set up nearly that nice.

Now after 2 years of tandems/trailers/dozers turning on it, it just looks like black gravel, but we knew that going in. That's why we didn't pave.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:03 AM
MC Devotee

We have had some really hard rains where water has been running over the drive like a river and much to my surprise it has not washed out, whereas the area I have 57 limestone in has washed pretty good. I can see where the recycle will loosen over time, especially where a lot of turning takes place so I plan to roll it again on a a hot day in August and will likely have to plan on doing so every year. I will be curious to see how it holds up thru the winter but truthfully, even if it loosens up it is still far cheaper that putting down the limestone and I may look into chip-n-seal sometime next year.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:51 AM
MC Devotee

July 29, 2013 Update: Let the deck project begin!

After what seems like 40 days/nights of rain we are catching a bit of a break so I ordered the materials for the deck.....the pile looks so much smaller than I thought it would but then again I am comparing it to the pile we had for the actual house construction.
So, I locked in the ledger board and hung the joist hangers on the house and tonight I will likely drill the post holes and figure out exactly how I am going to lift a 20' long 6x6 so as to set it...should be fun. I would use the skidder but I lent it to my brother-in-law for a bit (worst case scenario I will go and get it to put posts in and then return it to him)

I will post up progress pics as I move thru the project but for now I have a pile of lumber.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2013, 09:50 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
After what seems like 40 days/nights of rain we are catching a bit of a break so I ordered the materials for the deck.....the pile looks so much smaller than I thought it would but then again I am comparing it to the pile we had for the actual house construction.
So, I locked in the ledger board and hung the joist hangers on the house and tonight I will likely drill the post holes and figure out exactly how I am going to lift a 20' long 6x6 so as to set it...should be fun. I would use the skidder but I lent it to my brother-in-law for a bit (worst case scenario I will go and get it to put posts in and then return it to him)

I will post up progress pics as I move thru the project but for now I have a pile of lumber.
Get the Amish- they'll have it up in a day.

You could take some scrap 2x and make a frame that goes around the post at about 3/4 of the length- this would be clamping on the post, screwed together so the post doesn't have to be screwed into. Attach a long 2x4 on two sides (like you would when stabilizing a framed wall) and use the 2x4s to push it up once the bottom is next to the hole. Plumb it and nail it to stakes to keep it from moving.

Or, you could use the time-tested 'sky crane'.