Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
Just received my second GP Hero 3 in the mail yesterday. A replacement for the original which is now an anchor at the bottom.

So this time I decided i'm not doing anything without a tether. I've ordered some very cool tethers from Big Kahuna Camera Mounts http://bigkahunamounts.com/.

Until those arrive, here is the DIY temporary tether.

Bought an 18", 45lb test leader line and a simple carabiner. Connected the clasp of the leader line around the rod in the door hinge. Attached the 'biner to the other end. it'll connect to something - say a strap on my PFD. Or could put a velcro loop on it too. Total cost: $4.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2013, 04:57 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astepatatime View Post
Just received my second GP Hero 3 in the mail yesterday. A replacement for the original which is now an anchor at the bottom.

So this time I decided i'm not doing anything without a tether. I've ordered some very cool tethers from Big Kahuna Camera Mounts http://bigkahunamounts.com/.

Until those arrive, here is the DIY temporary tether.

Bought an 18", 45lb test leader line and a simple carabiner. Connected the clasp of the leader line around the rod in the door hinge. Attached the 'biner to the other end. it'll connect to something - say a strap on my PFD. Or could put a velcro loop on it too. Total cost: $4.
That looks really nice! Thanks for the Big Kahuna link, too.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Here are a few mounting points I tried this week for my GoPro. One was on the end of the boom (too high) using the roll-bar mount, and the other was on the rope handle using the handlebar mount. Ignore the "out of shape" old guy on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRf04BeO5jI&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1kcvVWZPTs&hd=1

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star
on a pole mount... we put a pool foam noodle on the broom stick to make sure it floats well if dropped

2008 Touareg V8 Galapagos Metallic, Sienna leather, Execline, Technology pkg, Sports pkg,Class III hitch.

2012 Volkswagen GTI 5dr DSG, Carbon Grey Metallic w/ Leather/Luxury, Technology and 18" Serron Pkg's. H&R springs, Unitronic Stage 2 Chip, Ultimate racing 3" downpipe w/200 cell metal cat, xenondepot 3k HID Fog lights.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Ok, time to put on the second surf mount on my wakeboard and the rubber lock. Had a gopro mount break and the camera fell off last night. Floating backpack worked just fine. Found it floating a hundred yards back.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X55, 2013, 7.4L
Up until now, I've used the chest harness to record while wakeboarding or wakesurfing. This weekend, I attached mounts to both the surfboard and wakeboard, using the surf accessories. For safety purpose, I have a tether attached to the camera. On the wakeboard, the other end of the tether attaches to my binding. On the surfboard, I used two (double protection!) of the tether sticky mounts. so basically it's attached with 3 (main and two teather) stickies.

Here is a shot from the surfboard and the wakeboard, coming into the wake for a jump. Water spots were an issue and I need to put something on the lens to help with beading.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2013, 07:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astepatatime View Post
Up until now, I've used the chest harness to record while wakeboarding or wakesurfing. This weekend, I attached mounts to both the surfboard and wakeboard, using the surf accessories. For safety purpose, I have a tether attached to the camera. On the wakeboard, the other end of the tether attaches to my binding. On the surfboard, I used two (double protection!) of the tether sticky mounts. so basically it's attached with 3 (main and two teather) stickies.

Here is a shot from the surfboard and the wakeboard, coming into the wake for a jump. Water spots were an issue and I need to put something on the lens to help with beading.
Great shots! Try putting some Rain-X on the lens.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft x - 2
noticed these on a crowd funding website. Due for production soon according to the website -

http://www.go-mount.com

great idea to be able to mount the camera quickly and move it quickly around the boat.

In our X2 we generally use the roll bar mount on the ski pole. We have also used the chest mount and attached a second camera to the handle.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 mcx
I bought a 5 dollar broom with aluminum shaft at lowes cut the ends off and filled with silicone so it would float.used the handle bar mount from go pro.It works great for surfing you can get great close ups.

Shot this this last weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGq6...ature=youtu.be

"Was it over when the German's bombed pearl harbor ?"
---Animal house
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Mounted the GoPro on the transom with the suction cup mount tonight and got some great shots.

Tags
gopro