Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:22 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998
1998 Ps 205

Boat has around 132 hours on it, 2 previous owners. Original owner put his own system in, looks like he used car equipment. Has MC trailer, not sure about a bimini, may have a cover. Not a big deal either way on that.

Boat has been kept inside, has a gouge in the side that was not professionally repaired, but not bare fiberglass. Interior has a couple of small nicks in it, but no tears that I have seen. Boat needs a detail and wax and gelcoat repair, but again, nothing major that I can see.

Never owned a MC before, always had I/O's. Not sure what the boat is worth, have not even been quoted a price, since it belongs to a relative.

What is a good offer?

TIA
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Any other accessories? Any pictures? 1998? $15-$18K - Non marine sound - not a great idea.. non-marine speakers bad idea - however it could be a cheap marine system.

Water test a must... follow this thread. This is a compilation from Easttx here... http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...4&postcount=47
Old 07-16-2013, 04:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 Maristar 210 Predator
Mike is probably in the ball park. As he stated pics help. Which engine does it have? The hours seem very low. Have they just had it in storage or did they just use it every now and then? Also, what is your intended use of the MC, ie skiing, wakeboarding, etc? Not sure how much you know about that hull, but it is a pretty good hull for both wakeboarding and skiing. If you are planning on doing a lot of cruising around, then you may be disappointed with the ride compared with an IO, bc typically an IO has a deep V hull and they have a better ride than the hull you are considering. However, that is a good boat and will do pretty much any water sports activity well.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
TT Newbie

It has the 5.7 Vortec TBI motor.

I will be using the boat for skiing and tubing mostly, we never did do a lot of "riding" around when we had our previous boats. We would ski and then drop the anchor and chill and then ski some more.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
It has the 5.7 Vortec TBI motor.

I will be using the boat for skiing and tubing mostly, we never did do a lot of "riding" around when we had our previous boats. We would ski and then drop the anchor and chill and then ski some more.
^^^^ Don't get much better than that...

Vortec nice - a few more noticeable ponies.... with Vortec heads
Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM
TT Newbie

Looks like he is asking around 16500.00 for it.

I backed it down in the water and got it fired up, idle's good, oil pressure is 40 at idle and goes up from there. Motor sounds good. The top hose from the trans to the cooler is leaking right at the cooler, looks like it is from the connection fitting not where it attaches, so I will be looking to replace that hose.

Hopefully I will be able to get it out in the water and take some time driving it around and such and see how it does.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM

Replacement trans hoses - get them at a hydraulic shop... They are on my list for next year or after.