Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Skipper

2013 Syndicate S2 vs A3

Upgrading from my D3 Nomad to a brand new HO ski. I am a 34mph skier, mens 3. The new A3 sounds very inticing. Yet, the 34 mph specific S2 seems like the better choice. Any experts out there with experience that would like to share their opinions?
Old 01-14-2014, 06:10 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X-7, rtp-1 310 hp
How much do you weigh? The S2 is a do anything you want ski. It is bad ***. The A3 you really have to be on it but if you are it will pay dividends. Kind of like a Volkl on the water If you are running the course at below 28' off I would recommend demoing the A3.
buy one of wileyski.com in seattle and if you don't like it, send it back for the S2. They are great with that process. If you are free skiing or making passes at 28'+, like 22' off the the S2 is for you.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: mastercraft prostar 190 1992 w/powerslot
Depends on how aggressive a skier you are . They are two very different skis . The s2 is a course ski with lifting strakes in the bottom designed to help loosen the skis grip on the water and give it a lighter feel as you change edges . The a3 is a ski that needs to be skied aggressively in order to gain benefit from its design . I agree with lake life in that if you are not at the point where you are skiing short rope lengths the s2 is probably a better choice for you . Someone else on here may be able to better explain ski design theory than I am . I skied with a gentleman last year that skied the s2 into 35 off at 34 no problem but was having trouble with 28/34 on the a3 as he did not believe he had fully adjusted to the new design yet.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft prostar 197 tournament team 2003, 310 predator, zeroflex mini tower.
Smile

The style of skier you are, will help with the correct choice. By that I mean, if you are a skier that carves turns all the way to the wake, the A3 is very good. If you like to skid a ski at the buoy, and accelerate across course, the S2 may be a better choice. I was on a S2 and was told by several, more experienced skiers, that I should try an A3 owing to the way I ski, and i have made significant improvement (2 passes, not sure if it was all the ski )