Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 AM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft x-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickespi View Post
If you are still ditching your bags, I'd be interested.
Sorry, after I added the additional 400's up front it seems the wake is really dialed in. I think adding more weight in the back would hurt more than help based off my trials with additional people in the boat. So I'll be sticking with the 750's permanently.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 AM
TT Regular

Boat: mastercraft x-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyX10 View Post
Guys I'm really glad you are talking about this! I have an 04 X10 and didn't even think about re-propping after ballast upgrades... I am in Utah though so we have high elevation to worry about. I'll try a few options

Regarding the integrated 750 sacs in the rear lockers and the integrated bow sac, could you post the parts/system components you used (i.e. which bags did you buy) I am about to replace the stock hard tanks with 750s

We had an x9 before and simply upgraded the sac under the rear seat but with an X10 it is a little different so i want to make sure I get the right eqpmt

Thanks very much
So first off, do you have the wash down option in the starboard rear locker? If you do you want to either ditch it or get the 720lb bag for that locker that I did so the bag won't prevent you from getting to the sprayer and tank. If you don't, get a 750 for that one as well.

I bought all my parts from wakemakers.com

Bow
wm303 MC piggyback bow ballast upgrade (hoses, fittings, clamps)
w711-oem Fly High Pro X series integrated bow sac

Rear
wm302 kit only MC tankbuster rear factory ballast system upgrade
750 lb bags are w707-gry Fly High Pro X series fat sac
720lb bags are w715-rearsac Fly High Pro X MC X-Star rear sac

I also ended up buying two of the 400lb bags and a remote fill tsunami pump that plugs into the cig lighter. Fully loaded as above you'll find you need more weight up front. If you add one of these 400's as far forward as you can on top of the center locker it'll address the need for additional front weight.

The second 400 is great if you don't have extra people in the boat. If we have 3 or less people in the boat I'll fill the second 400 and put it in the main floor area towards the port side to even out the wake.

-Jason
Old 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73blue View Post
I had my factory piggy-backed with some 350# bags. Went with green impellers and changed the hose to 1" from 3/4" all the way to the bag. Made a big difference.
How did you change from 3/4" to 1" hose? Did you drill out the manifold? Pics and parts of your install would be much appreciated!