Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 05-06-2013, 07:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Sounds like you're ready to get to work!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1990 Maristar 240 SC
Ok, I have been slacking bad on my refurb updates. I am sure I will forget some things but here goes my month and a half. I put about 15 hrs into cutting, glazing, and waxing. I am not finished, but roughly 3/4 of the boat is good enough until off season.

I got her running pretty well. I was having problems getting over 3500 RPM. I finally found the fuel filter and replaced it. I have not yet had a chance to crank it again and see of my varnish covered filter was the problem.

I rebuilt the transmission. Aside from the stupid woodruff key it went smoothly until I snapped my forward clutch assembly in the press. Found a new one cheap and got it all buttoned up.

I got the teak cleaned up a bit and oiled.

I sold my sea-doo for a profit which I thought was pretty good. I never expected to make money on a toy. It opened up a little room in the mastercraft budget though!

I replaced my thermostat, trans cooler, and bilge blower hoses. I upgraded the bilge pump from 500gph to 1500 and 1 1/8 smooth wall hose and bulkhead. I repainted my steering wheel and a couple of other minor pieces.

Today though the boat finally took a big step forward with some new carpet.

I think that nearly gets me up to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 PROSTAR 190
Man it looks great! I really like the textured carpet. Awesome job keep up the great work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2013, 10:41 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, 240SC, 1991, 454
Mastercraft 240SC

I have a 1991 Mastercraft 240SC and love it! I agree it is a bit dated with colors. It has been real nice for wake boarding. I added a Monstor Tower last year and it has really updated the boats appearance. I also get alot of good comments on the boat. The high sides are really nice for the kids and gives the adults plenty of room to lean up against. Most of us stay standing anyway so that they can see all the action. Mine has a 454 also. Plenty of power to do what every you like. I tried to attach some photos but was unable to get them it to accept.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybye24 View Post
I have a 1991 Mastercraft 240SC and love it! I agree it is a bit dated with colors. It has been real nice for wake boarding. I added a Monstor Tower last year and it has really updated the boats appearance. I also get alot of good comments on the boat. The high sides are really nice for the kids and gives the adults plenty of room to lean up against. Most of us stay standing anyway so that they can see all the action. Mine has a 454 also. Plenty of power to do what every you like. I tried to attach some photos but was unable to get them it to accept.
I can't wait to have mine on the water. I need to do another update after this weekend. Do you ballast your boat for wake boarding? I hope the photo issues get sorted soon. I want to see the sc with a tower!

Old 08-07-2013, 06:08 PM
TT Enthusiast

I am hoping to have my upholstery back from the shop soon, however he is only doing the cockpit. The cabin we have tackled and this is where im at so far.
These have not been stretched and stapled yet but these 18 "loafs of bread" make up the interior seats.

My first three v birth cushions and the center trim pieces. Originally they were foam backed with 1/8" foam. I had excess from the new bed foam so I cut it in 1/2 and made these 1" foam. It should make for a nice headrest when sitting up across the bed.

I hope to have the cabin reassembled in a week, and everything on the water in 2.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 91' MC 240sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by f925 View Post
Do you ballast your boat for wake boarding? I hope the photo issues get sorted soon. I want to see the sc with a tower!
My 240sc has a nice wake. I set up a complete bag system with a 400# bag across the ski locker, same 400# bag as ski locker in the forward portions of the side storage and some small bags that were left over from the previous owner in the rear side storage.
Also a large, 600# sac on the cuddy floor that filled the opening and potty area.

The boat is naturally stern heavy, especially full fuel and 3+ across the bench. The bow sac is most important to get the boat on plane and really fattens up the wake.
After adding 5 batteries, I removed the rear sac.
We rarely mess with the other 4 bags any more. I don't need the wake that big and it just burns more fuel.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloop View Post
My 240sc has a nice wake. I set up a complete bag system with a 400# bag across the ski locker, same 400# bag as ski locker in the forward portions of the side storage and some small bags that were left over from the previous owner in the rear side storage.
Also a large, 600# sac on the cuddy floor that filled the opening and potty area.

The boat is naturally stern heavy, especially full fuel and 3+ across the bench. The bow sac is most important to get the boat on plane and really fattens up the wake.
After adding 5 batteries, I removed the rear sac.
We rarely mess with the other 4 bags any more. I don't need the wake that big and it just burns more fuel.
I would love too see some pictures of you ballast, boat and wake!

I stopped by to see my new vinyl. I snapped these few pictures.