Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X45 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky26 View Post
I have purchased a couple MC boats from Dockside in Montgomery. Actually traded a 2012 on a 13 boat. They have a bunch of good guys there, and the service Dept. with a little guidance, does a good job!!
We bought our 2012 X45 from Dockside Marine. They gave us a way better deal than the dealer that is in the state (not the greatest reputation) and the one in Miami. You guys in texas are lucky to have great boat dealers and multiple ones at that.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Is that unit or dollar share?
I believe it is sales share
Old 07-10-2013, 06:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-2
Not happy... TSR from what I hear is leasing the dealership space to the BU guys in North Austin. My bets are this.... TSR buys out the BU dealership after they mismanage it and piss everyone off like they have done in the past (BU guys). Then TSR buys them out and has a north and south dealership of their own. Won't matter if it's BU or another boat company.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
I kinda heard that MC dropped TSR more than the other way around from more than one source
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft Prostar 190 TT, Indmar MCX GM 350
If that's true -- I wonder why MasterCraft would drop TSR? It's a great location -- close to Austin and New Braunfels where there are several ski lakes in the area.... TSR had outstanding customer service and appeared to sale alot of boats....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy1005 View Post
I kinda heard that MC dropped TSR more than the other way around from more than one source

Hook Em' Horns
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
sounds like more of a middle school relationship...
"i broke up with YOU first!"
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncotw View Post
If that's true -- I wonder why MasterCraft would drop TSR? It's a great location -- close to Austin and New Braunfels where there are several ski lakes in the area.... TSR had outstanding customer service and appeared to sale alot of boats....
The rumor is that they wanted to shop around for other boats... Mastercraft got wind of it and got rid of them. No doubt it's a great location, but they did have a change in management. The new management has been an interesting change for TSR IMHO. In the last 6-8 months the boats on the show room floor have looked terrible. Mud on the inside of them, not wiped down at all.... I think it's a change in attitude there.

Either way I will miss MC at that location but Boat Town is alot closer to me.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 X-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
sounds like more of a middle school relationship...
"i broke up with YOU first!"
Yeah, its starting to sound like the Knoxville situation when Travis and ABC switched brands
Old 07-11-2013, 11:11 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It doesn't really matter who broke up with hom.

"The job's done and the b*tch is dead."

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 MariStar 225VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri4X2 View Post
The rumor is that they wanted to shop around for other boats... Mastercraft got wind of it and got rid of them. No doubt it's a great location, but they did have a change in management. The new management has been an interesting change for TSR IMHO. In the last 6-8 months the boats on the show room floor have looked terrible. Mud on the inside of them, not wiped down at all.... I think it's a change in attitude there.

Either way I will miss MC at that location but Boat Town is alot closer to me.
Well, I confirmed that rumor last week when I took my MC in for a new drive dampner. I asked some questions and this is the story I got from one of the service reps.

In a nutshell, Mastecraft was not supplying TSR with enough boats, and had virtually none left to sell for the model year. As a result, TSR went looking to add another line of boats to sell. When Mastercraft found out, they dropped TSR completely, and are only allowing them to do warranty service for only 1 year. TSR is still trying get Mastercraft to let them honor the full 3 year warranties on all the new boats they have sold, which as far as I know, has not been resolved yet. From a business standpoint, I understand why TSR did what they did. Personally, I think Mastercraft is who lost out here.

Luckily, Malibu uses Indmar engines, same as Mastercraft used up till a couple of years ago, so service on any Mastercraft will basically be business as usual. I'll continue to take my boat there...at least while Josh is still there.