Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Towers

Old 06-17-2013, 06:53 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1987 pro star 190
custom bimini for my PS 190 and MT-1 tower

I got a local t-top shop that my buddy owns to do my bimini, couldn't find one I liked that was mass produced....getting the sunbrella cover made this week should have a finished install pic the weekend or so but here is some progress pics so far.... dropping it off wed. afternoon to finish the rear mounts,about 20 minutes of work, and then the bimini frame is off to the powder coater for the black finish will have it back on Friday and hopefully have the material strung up on it that night or Saturday morning and on the boat with 4 bolts.....then off to the lake for some use!!!!! I'm stoked!!!

Old 06-17-2013, 06:55 PM
TT Regular

then back on my tach issue and low dash voltage problem......
Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X-Star 2004 MCX
I did my own custom bimini in Sunbrella logo red, so I am excited to see how your turns out.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 PM
TT Regular

he had to order the red, that was wed. so he said it would be 2 days to get that, so im thinking its gonna be next Friday or so before I have it in hand, frame is painted black at this point, will put it on the boat tomorrow and hit the lake all weekend and see how the tower acts with it installed, that way if I have to change or modify a mount or something I can just repaint and re-install, and then when all is well its off to the powder coaters for a final black finish!!!

right off I think we may have to beef up the front mounting points, I like to swing into the seat after I get the ropes untangled and such, so my 190lbs may strain the current ones......then when I get larger from mid-life slow down it will hold for sure....
Old 06-26-2013, 10:12 PM
TT Regular

updates.......got the cover back from the upholstery shop yesterday, finished it up this afternoon....

just starting to lace it up on the frame....

underside, I had them put a wire trace/path on the underside so I can put a "dome" light in for the light night trips on the lake......you can see the white little string hanging out each end of the trace, there is a loop hanging out a hole in the center.....

and the full shot on the outside..

ill get some "glamour" shots out on the water this weekend I hope.....but with 60% every day until the 3rd it doesn't look good......
Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM
TT Regular

got a few shots this week end but the water was up about 3' from all the rain so I cant get a good water shot...... but here it is.....and it was ROUGH Saturday.....done my tarzan swing on it a few times and nothing fell or bent so I think im good......

Old 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2002 MasterCraft X-30
That's a great looking bimini.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1987 ProStar 190
That looks great! I also love the condition of your gelcoat. Your boat looks anything but 25 years old. Beautiful job.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:01 PM
TT Regular

thanks a lot guys, we got a lot of compliments on the lake also, I wanted it to kinda go with the tower and the boat lines, I think I got what I was after. ill get a shot of it at the pier when we go back out, without the boards on the racks.

I shot by wall mart and got some of those stick on strip LED lights like for under dash lighting in the floor of cars and stuck them on the underside of the frame, hardly see them in the day time and they put out all the light you need on the lake at night, you can see anything in the boat you want, they really surprised me with the amount of light they have, to be so small.....
Old 07-08-2013, 10:16 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by catamount View Post
That looks great! I also love the condition of your gelcoat. Your boat looks anything but 25 years old. Beautiful job.
alas, I wish it was, the boat has been painted before I purchased it........