Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-06-2013, 08:13 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, maristar 210, 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
http://www.bukh-bremen.de/files/346/...is%20ZF85A.pdf

Don't forget to address the corroded output shaft and be prepared that you may not be able to seat the new seals due to pitting of the seat.
Thank you!
If I am faced with this, do you think that a speedi-sleeve kit would be a propper way to address the problem?
Also, where is a good source for parts?

Thanks,
Luke
Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2004 Maristar 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJN View Post
Thank you!
If I am faced with this, do you think that a speedi-sleeve kit would be a propper way to address the problem?

Thanks,
Luke
I think Engine Nut is 10x smarter than I am about Indmar drive trains. If I were you, I'd call Indmar. SkiDim is another good source for parts. Both places work hard to be helpful over the phone.

I don't know where you're going to find a service manual for the boat. AFAIK, they aren't available.

Last edited by bigmac; 07-06-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:40 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJN View Post
Thank you!

Thanks,
Luke
Th speedi-sleeve is the only way to address the issue. Replacing the entire hollow shaft that runs through the transmission is an extremely difficult an expensive job. There is a service manual for the transmission but it does not show the speedi-sleeve installation and tells you that you have to disassemble the transmission to replace the seal. You don't have to. The seal can be removed fron the outside. You can get the parts from inboardonline.com

The output shaft seal for the engine side is P/N 905214 and the speedi-sleeve kit is 905215. If they don't list them on their site, call them and they will get them for you.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, maristar 210, 2000
Thank you both for the help & part #'s!

I'm trying to pull this apart before I order all of the parts. I just pulled the prop (great fun!), & now Iím about to disassemble the inner coupling. Before I mess anything up, is this the proper procedure? Can anyone give me a quick run-through of how it all comes apart? I have looked at the manual & nothing addresses this part of the removal.

Thanks again for everything,
Luke

[IMG][/IMG]