Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-06-2013, 07:44 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Tower Speaker Lights

My 07 X2 came with two tower speakers w/0 lights. I purchased two more with lights from a member here. when I added the speakers to the removable pods on the tower there were already wires for the lights. the large plate where the ballast switches are I removed yesterday and didn't see the wires for the lights. does anyone know if they are in the large wire loom that is under there.

thanks!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Past: 1986 MC 19 Skier; Nautique, 230, 2009, PCM 343; 2012 X-45 ZFT4, ILMOR 6.0L. CURRENT 2010 X14V, ZFT3, RTP-1
I did the same thing, the wire leads drop down from the tower foot behind the dash. MC has a smaller pigtail light accy harness I had to buy that connects to the wires from the tower harness to a flip switch and small push to reset breaker that go in the side panel you removed and then a power and ground wire that go to the power and buss bars. I found the harness on eBay for $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2013, 09:56 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTIQUE View Post
I did the same thing, the wire leads drop down from the tower foot behind the dash. MC has a smaller pigtail light accy harness I had to buy that connects to the wires from the tower harness to a flip switch and small push to reset breaker that go in the side panel you removed and then a power and ground wire that go to the power and buss bars. I found the harness on eBay for $20.

thanks for the info! we are going out today and I will take a look under the front tower legs.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:09 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTIQUE View Post

mastique, hopefully you will see this. do you remember on ebay what the harness description was.

thanks!