Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2013, 02:08 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 99 Mastercraft Prostar 205 VRS
Anyone know if you can run your boat without the MDC plugged in?? Obviously the gauges won't work.

I got one from Medallion, but I forgot it at home and already drove up to the cabin for the week. So just wondering if I can drive without it for a day until my wife comes up and can bring it.....Anyone try it??

Also...check this thread out. http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/...ntroller-help/
It sounds more feasible that the air leak allowing water up to diaphram is cause for failure than the freezing. It just doesn't make sense why some years and some boats are fine with not draining, and then 1 year you aren't. It also makes more sense that the tubes are full of air and the air gets compressed by the water at the pickup. This would also mean that they drain on their own and if they didn't, then the MDC still would not be affected.

Question is now....Why do they leak, and how do you prevent that? Especially if I'm putting on a new one, how do I know the leak is fixed and not going to happen again?