Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-30-2013, 07:35 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Honeymoon Lake

Alright guys, So i'm getting married August 24th of this year to my girlfriend of going on 8 years now. Finally I guess but we were never in a rush. We have already booked our honeymoon to Hawaii but we are not going right after the wedding. Since its summer here anyways why waste the money and go to Hawaii during the summer. So we booked it for late January. Now we still need to go somewhere for right after the wedding so we are thinking a 5-7 day mini honeymoon.

We are located in Chicago. And I want the best chance for warm weather and warm water so we are going South only.

The 2 best options we have right now is Branson MO and Parker AZ.

As you can already tell distance is of no option here.

We are looking for a rental home to not cost more than $2500 otd. (other costs of trip not included in that budget) So that may affect how many days we stay and that is fine, But the rental home must be of current fashion (no old flower print everywhere) and have 3 important features. 1: A dock for the boat (Of Course) 2: A jacuzzi or hot jub outside 3: Wifi internet

This home is in Branson in the prestigious Tan-Tar-A estates area.
http://davehuffman.com/listing-6900h...-home-125.html

Just to give you an idea. We want beautiful scenery, warm weather and a few minor other details. So anywhere from North Carolina to Arizona is acceptable.

Please throw me idea's for everything from Destination Lakes to recommendations on vacation rentals to specific activities for those respective area's.

Thanks guys. I am really having some trouble narrowing it down.

EDIT: Example home is at Lake of the Ozarks not anywhere near Branson

Last edited by Traxx822; 06-30-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 AM
MC Devotee

I could probably afford this one for all of about ... one day

http://www.flipkey.com/parker-vacation-rentals/p551450/
Old 06-30-2013, 07:42 AM
MC Devotee

This one looks awesome. Telico Lake, TN

http://tellicolakerental.com/Lake-Rental-Main.php
Old 06-30-2013, 07:58 AM
MC Devotee

I rented this place last year. Outer Banks NC (Manteo) This was awesome let me tell yah. Place had a hot tub, canal front, boat ramp right next door made it easy, was cheap, even an elevator in this place.

So clearly brackish waters don't scare me and my MC

http://www.outerbanksrentals.com/ren...=&User=SWR9966
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Alright guys, So i'm getting married August 24th of this year to my girlfriend of going on 8 years now. Finally I guess but we were never in a rush. We have already booked our honeymoon to Hawaii but we are not going right after the wedding. Since its summer here anyways why waste the money and go to Hawaii during the summer. So we booked it for late January. Now we still need to go somewhere for right after the wedding so we are thinking a 5-7 day mini honeymoon.

We are located in Chicago. And I want the best chance for warm weather and warm water so we are going South only.

The 2 best options we have right now is Branson MO and Parker AZ.

As you can already tell distance is of no option here.

We are looking for a rental home to not cost more than $2500 otd. (other costs of trip not included in that budget) So that may affect how many days we stay and that is fine, But the rental home must be of current fashion (no old flower print everywhere) and have 3 important features. 1: A dock for the boat (Of Course) 2: A jacuzzi or hot jub outside 3: Wifi internet

This home is in Branson in the prestigious Tan-Tar-A estates area.
http://davehuffman.com/listing-6900h...-home-125.html

Just to give you an idea. We want beautiful scenery, warm weather and a few minor other details. So anywhere from North Carolina to Arizona is acceptable.

Please throw me idea's for everything from Destination Lakes to recommendations on vacation rentals to specific activities for those respective area's.

Thanks guys. I am really having some trouble narrowing it down.
isn't that house at tan-tar-a closer to osage beach and not branson. pretty sure branson is about 2 hours away. looks nice though and congrats with the getting married!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 AM
MC Devotee

Well, its still on Table Rock isn't it? You know that happens, you look in a city and then they show you what is close. Like I said. I'm not tied down to a location yet.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:06 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Well, its still on Table Rock isn't it? You know that happens, you look in a city and then they show you what is close. Like I said. I'm not tied down to a location yet.
no not table rock but lake of the Ozarks. might check vrbo.com for Kimberling city, ect
Old 06-30-2013, 08:09 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
no not table rock but lake of the Ozarks. might check vrbo.com for Kimberling city, ect
Ok, will check it out. Been looking on vrbo.com

And I just looked it all up, what a tool I am. Table Rock LOL Well my options just got bigger I guess
Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X1
I went to Branson once, to look at a SAN. OMFG. Never again. Bunch of blue hairs in a desperate poor mans Vegas.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:12 AM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartlandX1 View Post
I went to Branson once, to look at a SAN. OMFG. Never again. Bunch of blue hairs in a desperate poor mans Vegas.
so true! we love going to table rock. one of my favorite lakes! we never go to branson!