Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 09:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
taking perfectly good boats and filling them with water is something short of an intelligent act.

Quote of the month....struck me as funny

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Strips
This happened last weekend at the river we go to. I had literally just launched in the harbor where the boat houses were and was waiting at the dock for my fiance to park the truck. A gentlemen that owns a house came up to me and started talking to me about the Mastercraft:

Him: Oh man, I have been watching you the past couple seasons pulling all the people around, I have been keeping an eye out all season for you to come out with that boat so i could talk to you. This thing is sweet
Me: thanks! it's not the prettiest out here, but we enjoy our time with it.
Him: well, it still looks great, what year is it? I bet it hauls a$$
Me: 1983, it gets up and goes. especially when i am pulling a couple people. i've got the 351 and powerslot to thank for that.
Him: (flabbergasted of the size engine) a 351? did that come in it??
Me: yea, 351 PCM. I have put a little money in it, but just routine maintenance things. All stock. (this is about time my fiance gets back and my friends pull up)
Him: Yea, i have a jet boat back in the slip. It'll do 50+ easily.
Me: well that's good. I get up to low 40's, but i don't usually push it that hard often.
Him: Only 40? Your joking. That thing should compete against my boat. you must not have the right prop on it.
Me: It's not a go fast boat...made for skiing. I've got a 4 blade prop on it.
Him: well you should try to prop it up and use the trim. (i just blankly stare at him for a little bit) I wanted to invite you out to the drag races we are having for the Freedom Festival on the 3rd. We're going to line up a bunch of jet boats throughout the day and run them. Should be fun and i know that boat will do great if you get the right prop on it.
Me: thanks, but im going to pass. I would only be interested if we were pulling several skiers at the same time.
Him: No. No, skiers. Can't ski behind a jet boat...Stop out and see me on the 3rd, i think we'll get you entered in and see what we can do about the prop.
Me: ...Ok Sir. See you then

As he is walking away, my fiance looks and me and says "What an idiot. He must not know anything about boats"
Old 06-29-2013, 10:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 mastercraft stars and stripes 351 with powerslot
Prop it up and use the trim.....omg
Old 06-29-2013, 10:33 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
So... None of you fish on your boats?? Like ever? I love standing on the swim platform and casting for pike while my ballast fills. I don't take them in the boat, but I'm not gonna not fish while in the water.
Do it all the time. Did it yesterday in fact. My son caught a pike. My owner's manual doesn't say, "No fishing allowed in a MasterCraft." However, I respect those who chose not to for whatever reason.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:48 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
How fast is it seems to be a very common question. It really is hard to answer that same question all the time..

Kinda getting tired of hearing it.

I mean do MasterCrafts look like fast boats? In my opinion no, they don't look all that fast to me.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 X1
I mainly get "where's the ladder?" Of course how fast is it and what's that pole in the middle for come up often too.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:04 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Corey View Post
I mainly get "where's the ladder?" Of course how fast is it and what's that pole in the middle for come up often too.
The follow up question from people asking that the pole in the middle is for is the best...."isn't that a bit dangerous, I mean for the people sitting in the back of the boat, looks like it would decapate them" well...thats why you have seating on the observer seat and the bow smart guy.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonjeff79 View Post
The follow up question from people asking that the pole in the middle is for is the best...."isn't that a bit dangerous, I mean for the people sitting in the back of the boat, looks like it would decapate them" well...thats why you have seating on the observer seat and the bow smart guy.
You have seating in the bow? Holy Crap! That's a great idea. I don't think I could fit many people under the bow of my boat.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
You have seating in the bow? Holy Crap! That's a great idea. I don't think I could fit many people under the bow of my boat.
This has to be the best one yet.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X-14
Talking Outriggers!

Guys says to me the other day, referring to my tower, what kind of outriggers you have their !!