Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 03:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: X-9
I just bought a cover from Skiboatcovers.com also.

So far so good. My choice of silver left me disappointed in my decision, it shows quite a bit of dirt. You might want to go with a darker color.

I noticed on the initial install that the fit is tight. Am hopefull after reading the posts that as the season progresses, it will improve. I got the Sunbrella and the Gore thread.

I chose the waterline cover because my boat sits on a lift all summer. The port side (facing the sun) has started to oxidize. So after a good detailing last fall, I felt that the Waterline cover would be the right choice. I'm in to my 9th summer and want to protect the Gelcoat as much as possible.

The original cover was / is good, but the addition of the Waterline protection as well as the swim platform being covered has me very satisfied.

Its a bit more difficult for me to install, since it is waterline, I'm in the water pulling the cover down over the sides.....and that is where the straps are.

But....since the poles are simple, I put them in now..........The old pole / strapping system sucked, I and I NEVER used it.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:51 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X25 6.0
Has anybody had any trouble with the factory Black MC Trailer cover? I have seen them all over the country and never heard of a problem with them, but recently I heard one guy say they ruin the seats. Any words of wisdom? I only use the cover for highway travel. The boat is stored in a garage so it doesn't bake in the sun.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
Do a search on this site and you'll see a bunch of posts on the issues. Black marks, practically no water resistance and a PITA to put the webbing up. Other than that t's a wonderful cover. As stated earlier it's the best fitting cover I've ever had.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2014 X25 6.0
The fit is super tight. I think it covers the boat perfect for highway travel. Is there any solutions to the black marks? I wonder if a felt cover over the back seats (under the cover) would prevent the black marks.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:54 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I had a liner sewed into mine at the contact points and it seemed to help a bit but it ended up still leaving marks in other areas. The leaking problem also never went away even after using 303 waterproofing. Sorry but the fabric they use is the problem. If it were Sunbrella I'd still have the cover. Too bad. It's a case of great design but made with junk material IMO.