Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 06-24-2013, 01:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Double D, missed you on the H2O this weekend. Spent a few hours Sunday on Berlin, ran into Captain Planet (can't miss the graphics on that bad boy). Saw that BU guy doing his air chair thing, but he was out towards the main lake. I still have to get used to being on the water at a place that thinks like they are trying out for the water scene from CADDDYSHACK, boats and PWC zigging and zagging everywhere, with the occasional offshore cat flying by at WOT. I see why you go out there in the middle of the week.
Z, if you get out early you usually can get good water up until 11:00. After that it is a mess....as you saw. Sundays are worse than Saturdays. After about noon we usually just hit a cove and swim the rest of the day.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Double D, missed you on the H2O this weekend. Spent a few hours Sunday on Berlin, ran into Captain Planet (can't miss the graphics on that bad boy). Saw that BU guy doing his air chair thing, but he was out towards the main lake. I still have to get used to being on the water at a place that thinks like they are trying out for the water scene from CADDDYSHACK, boats and PWC zigging and zagging everywhere, with the occasional offshore cat flying by at WOT. I see why you go out there in the middle of the week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Z, if you get out early you usually can get good water up until 11:00. After that it is a mess....as you saw. Sundays are worse than Saturdays. After about noon we usually just hit a cove and swim the rest of the day.
Z, as CP says and with most public lakes on beautiful days like yesterday, you have to be there early if you want to ski, but assume the rest of the day is sitting and chilling.

When we do ski trips on the weekend we are typically on the water by 8:30 latest and we get a few hours before the wally's come out. I have also joined jkski and MgBoyd for their early barefooting which usually starts at 6:00 AM.

If the wife comes along its always a battle or a later start and no real skiing.

As for me, one more week!! Once this weekend is over I can concentrate more on the water than the house.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Will have to work on getting out there by 9-9:30 next time.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
holy cow.........I will tell you the best thing to do is to camp out at the lake and catch the water before everyone gets out on it.........

by the way CP P and DD are the two most experienced people out there.....They know thier bodies of water....
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 SANTE- I know, the deal was too good to pass up.
Covers

http://www.chucksboatcovers.com/

Anyone have any experience with this guy? I'm planning to replace my cover. I just got off the phone with him and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Mostly worked in the Portage lakes area. His quote was quite a bit less than BHM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2009 X-14
Have not heard of that business before. Rayco has made covers for me for years.
Just made a new one for my x14 in April.
http://www.raycocanvas.com/Home_Page.php

John
Old 07-09-2013, 02:48 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaprlud View Post
http://www.chucksboatcovers.com/

Anyone have any experience with this guy? I'm planning to replace my cover. I just got off the phone with him and he seemed to know what he was talking about. Mostly worked in the Portage lakes area. His quote was quite a bit less than BHM.
I haven't heard of him. Kind of odd that the address is not on the website.

Berlin Boat Covers does pretty nice work. They are located on Route 224 just east of the bridge that goes over Berlin.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
MC Fanatic

Is Chuck's the place on 619 west of Arlington?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:17 AM
MC Fanatic

On a previous boat we used Erb's Tarp Shop down towards Berlin (not the lake). Think Amish he does not have a phone, price was a little more than half of what everyone else wanted.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:26 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
On a previous boat we used Erb's Tarp Shop down towards Berlin (not the lake). Think Amish he does not have a phone, price was a little more than half of what everyone else wanted.
I used Erb's Tarp Shop for my 14' aluminum fishing boat back in 1988. I still have the boat and the cover. It is sitting in the water right now. I'm not even sure how to get there anymore.