Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 12:15 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
Tower shorting out

Just had my wetsounds rev 8's, amp and ws420 installed and the tower speakers are shorting out.

The installers were tracing the wires back and the only thing they can come up with is there is pinched wire in the tower so it shorts out. The speakers will work at a low low volume but as soon as you turn it up a bit, it shorts out. We unplugged the harness wires from the connectors just where the cup holders are and those wires seem to be fine?

Is there something they are missing or do i need to have the tower removed and rewired?

Trouble shooting suggestions would be great. 2013 x-25

Thanks
Old 06-29-2013, 12:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X-2
I am having similar issues with my tower speakers in my 2012. My wetsounds cut out, and the amp flashes saying it's in protect mode. It started last year towards the end of the year. I tried to work on it this spring, but when the boat was in my garage, I couldn't get to happen again. I was out last weekend, and same thing, intermittently cuts out. I could shake the tower and get it to turn on and off. I brought it back into the garage and raised the tower, only it doesn't go all the way up in the garage and couldn't get it to happen again. I am thinking that when my tower goes all the way up, something is pinching the wires. I'm going to look into it more this weekend. Maybe your issue is somewhat related to mine. My other plan is to disconnect one speaker at a time to try narrowing down which side is the issue.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:03 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mc x-25 2013 6.0
Send a message via AIM to Bambamski1
It was shorting out when the tower is up and down. They are thinking the wires must be exposed at this point as only one speaker would work.