Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X30
New Mastercraft Owner with Surf Ballast ??'s

Good Morning and Happy Friday to Everyone.

I recently sold my Tige' and picked up a 2006 Mastercraft X30.

I've had it out a couple times now but was curios what other X-30 owners suggest for getting their surf wake dialed in. The boat has 3 factory ballast tanks and I also have a 800# and (2) 375# bags from my old boat. We typically go out with about 7 or 8 people.

I appreciate any tips you may have for me that helps det it dialed in this weekend.

Looking forward to the weekend!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:50 AM

Boat: 06 X30
You'll love that boat for surfing.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=40934

My setup with just the driver in the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70TF1zUOhlE
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
TT Newbie

That looks like a nice wake. Do you have any dimensions on the swim platform mod's mentioned in the other post?

Also, if you dont mind me asking what did that custom bag run cost wise?
Old 06-28-2013, 11:47 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to TT.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 06-28-2013, 11:58 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockroorda View Post
That looks like a nice wake. Do you have any dimensions on the swim platform mod's mentioned in the other post?

Also, if you dont mind me asking what did that custom bag run cost wise?
If I remember correctly I think it was $600 or so. If you are interested in it I think I still have the pdf file and Jason at wakemakers.com can get you set up on it. He might still have the doc on file.

I can take some measurements of the last one I made for you if you like. I'll post them in the other thread for you.

If you are a port side surfer, like me. I have almost a full sheet of king starboard and would set you up with a piece to fill in your battery area, if you decide to move them over. I'm not sure if I put that part of my build in that thread. I moved the batteries to starboard and filled in the port side with some king starboard so it would be flat and allow the surf sack to drain better.

The video really doesn't do the wave justice, it was really rough day from all the bass fishermen, wakeboarders, tubers and most of all the slalom guys screwing the water up!! (j/k but it was later in the day and the water was a little beat up)
Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM
TT Newbie

Yes, that would be great if you could share that information with me. No sense in reinventing the wheel!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:09 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X30
I too am new to the Mastercraft family. And also have a 2006 X30, I wish I would have found this thread earlier.

After running the ballast a few time this summer just trying surfing for the first time I was hooked. The problem was we had a leaking tank. Assuming it was the KGB from what I had been reading. Took the boat in for winterization and had them check the ballast leak. They found that the rear port tank was actually cracked. Needless to say the pulled the tank and plastic welded the crank. So it should be fixed now.

My question(s) is, does anyone have experience with this problem? I'm afraid to put any extra sack on top of it now. Is there a way to pull the factory hard tank and replace with a larger port sack? I really don't know what kind of weight I would really need. Most of the time we are out with 5-6 people and are just beginner surfers.