Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: between boats
It sounds like you are looking at a 2000-2002 MS 230. The two engine options in those years were the 310 hp TBI (throttle body injection) and the 330 LTR. The LTR was a multi port fuel injected engine and had more horsepower at about 30+ mph but it lacked (IMO) additional low end tourque and seemed a little less reliable than the TBI. Given a choice between the two I would prefer the TBI.

In 2003 the MCX debuted and touted 350 hp, it was and is a great upgrade from the LTR. The MCX has been a rock solid engine ever since.

Overall I've spent a ton of time in an X-10 with a TBI, X-Star with and LTR and an X-15 with the MCX all have been great performers and all have run with factory ballast +++ without problems.

Bottom line, you need to drive the boat and gauge for yourself what you expect out of your boat.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
Get the 310 you will get better fuel which adds up. My friend keep his 1998 Air Natique at my dock, which has built in ballasts and we load the boat full of fat sacks and it does great, I am 6'-3" @225 lbs and no problem with the salmon. I am very impressed with his GT40 5.8L HO motor.

I am working no getting my boat back in the water.