Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I finally upgraded my trucks, wheels and bearings on my longboard. Figured I'd paint it while it was back to just a ski. Digging the black. It handles so much better now, I had some crummy narrow trucks and small wheels before. Used to be cream, orange and yellow - misplaced the Obrien fin cap, need to clean out the garage.
That is awesome! How does it handle the hills?

Here are mine.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:59 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
That is awesome! How does it handle the hills?

Here are mine.
I like how much it flexes, reminds me of a Cadillac. Corners like one too. That long wheel base makes navigating sidewalk cracks a bear, better in the street. May also be that my back foot doesn't have much leverage to angle the board for turns. It's great for down hill and is stable enough that I'm comfortable carrying my 2yo in a hiking backpack to and from the neighborhood pool. I'm loving the ebay running gear for $35. Not as nice as the gullwings I wanted but I don't have to worry about my kids thrashing it either. I do need some deck traction.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:18 PM
MC Hero

Careful with the kid in the backpack. And wear a helmet.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:10 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2011 X-45
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
nice! I just inherited 71 demon....needs a fuel pump but is otherwise super clean. I'd like to upgrade the suspension and rims... been hanging out on the forabodiesonly.com forum but there isn't the same camaraderie like you get here.
I have a 69 Roadrunner. Been a member of www.moparts.com for 15 years. Great site and board like this one.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:47 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Thanks - I'll check it out. Hope to get the pump installed and to finally bring the car home next week. (in between lake sessions of course)
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Careful with the kid in the backpack. And wear a helmet.
Will do. Know this, it's not a careless endevor. This girl is so head-strong, she won't stay off the thing. I prefer to rolling at a slow walking pace with her vs the alternative to her crashing while attempting to ride it on her own.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Will do. Know this, it's not a careless endevor. This girl is so head-strong, she won't stay off the thing. I prefer to rolling at a slow walking pace with her vs the alternative to her crashing while attempting to ride it on her own.
Tell me about it. My now-seven-year-old would stop talking about wanting to skateboard when he was 4. We got him one when he was 5 with the understanding that if he was ever seen riding without a helmet, daddy would have another skateboard. I, then, told my wife that "if he gets one, I'm getting one.

I got the first longboard and he got a street board. That Christmas, he got a mini longboard. It's amazing watching him bomb hills.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Tell me about it. My now-seven-year-old would stop talking about wanting to skateboard when he was 4. We got him one when he was 5 with the understanding that if he was ever seen riding without a helmet, daddy would have another skateboard. I, then, told my wife that "if he gets one, I'm getting one.

I got the first longboard and he got a street board. That Christmas, he got a mini longboard. It's amazing watching him bomb hills.
I love it! I've been asking for a longboard for a few years. Since that never happened, I converted this old ski my wife found in a dumpster. Since I upgraded and have been riding the past few weeks, all of my kids have a renewed interest in the shared skateboard for the kids. BTW, in addition to this ski, there was a Maheraja slalom ski (67", not like that barge of a ski you've got) that I sold for about $120. If it would have been wood, I'd have kept it.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
This is not mine and is a friends, but he picked it up Friday and brought it over to show me since it wasn't raining. #64 of 150

2013 RTS Viper fully loaded. Love the car, love the colors!! 355's on the back!!

Sent from Never Neverland using Tapatalk 2

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-01-2013, 04:08 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
I love it! I've been asking for a longboard for a few years. Since that never happened, I converted this old ski my wife found in a dumpster. Since I upgraded and have been riding the past few weeks, all of my kids have a renewed interest in the shared skateboard for the kids. BTW, in addition to this ski, there was a Maheraja slalom ski (67", not like that barge of a ski you've got) that I sold for about $120. If it would have been wood, I'd have kept it.
There's a solution for that.

http://www.mahaboards.com/

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club