Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 02:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
Kwiesner,

If it helps, I pay $2400 for my slip on Tonka for the season...dry stack can run north of $4K/season.

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Hey everyone--can't thank you all (y'all) enough for all the great suggestions and guidance. We were even considering selling the boat since we're a bit spoiled by our easy access and year-round use in Charlotte, but I think I've talked myself off the wall with all your input. I have been out on Minnetonka a few times and was really concerned about the amount of traffic, etc. In the nine years we lived up there, it seems boating mishaps were too regular an occurrence which concerned me a bit. Knowing there is decent access to a number of other good bodies of water has me more comfortable that there are other choices. Thanks again.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweisner View Post
Hey everyone--can't thank you all (y'all) enough for all the great suggestions and guidance. We were even considering selling the boat since we're a bit spoiled by our easy access and year-round use in Charlotte, but I think I've talked myself off the wall with all your input. I have been out on Minnetonka a few times and was really concerned about the amount of traffic, etc. In the nine years we lived up there, it seems boating mishaps were too regular an occurrence which concerned me a bit. Knowing there is decent access to a number of other good bodies of water has me more comfortable that there are other choices. Thanks again.
There is more than enough water to go around here:

This is a list of lakes in Minnesota. Minnesota is known as The Land of 10,000 Lakes and officially there are 11,842 lakes more than ten acres (40,000 mē) in size

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lakes_in_Minnesota

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $629
4 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $379
2 Matte Black T08 14x6 wheels, 2 ST215/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND. $100 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 02 ProStar 197TT "Caddy H2O" & 1980 MC Stars & Stripes, "Boss Hoss"
If you ever venture out of the Cities, which I would recommend because I dont live there and hate hauling my boat down to Tonka and Prior, let me know. There are some great lakes to ski on that arent as busy as the ones around the Cities just a short drive to the NW. I spend alot of time on Maple Lake and Clearwater. Easy access for both off of 94 and usually not that busy.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 Prostar 197TT
Can't add much to what has already been said. Checkout my pic from today in the Glass Waters thread. That was medicine lake this morning.

PREVIOUS BOAT:1993 Prostar 205
Old 06-24-2013, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, '83 S&S Powerslot, Red Metalflake!
We live in Buffalo, just west of the cities, Buffalo lake is smaller with very little traffic on the weekends, Lake Polaski is a little more heavy traffic on the weekends, but weeknights are great!
I work in Maple Grove, if you ever need a third, Im always ready! We tend to steer away from Minnetonka, way to much traffic and it would be way to easy for us "little boats" to get swamped!
Old 06-24-2013, 06:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Again, nothing but good info from all you MN nice guys! We trailer about 30 miles each way today so I have no problem making the drive on weekends to better recreational lakes. Thanks to all of you, I now know which are best! Move won't be 'til next summer so we still have a year of 4 season boating (and no winterizing) until we become the frozen chosen again. Are there any annual MC socials or events in the Twin Cities area?
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1996 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by sppeders View Post
I used to live on Lake Sarah, moved down to the Mound area, and now ski Dutch lake, and frequent Long Lake. I like to ski the quiet lakes with no other boats, i'm also 1/4 mile from Minnetonka for when we just want to cruise. the west side is very fun and has tons of lakes you can choose from depending on wind direction.
What did you think of Lake Sarah? We are looking at a house on Lake Sarah at the moment.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 82 Stars and Stipes
It's a great lake, in fact i'll be out on it tonight. It's quiet for the most part, i think these little lakes close to minnetonka are excellent, because when people want to go boating, they head to tonka, leaving the 200 acre lakes alone.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 82 Stars and Stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakekrone View Post
What did you think of Lake Sarah? We are looking at a house on Lake Sarah at the moment.
I saw a 205 i didn't recognize on the lake last-night, was that you guys? I have a Tan Stars/Stripes.