Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Find A Pull / Give a Pull

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:14 PM
ntropy ntropy is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2012 X2
Location: South
Posts: 19
RaggedEarl and I will be surfing at dawn Sunday, then chilling in the cove afterward. Hope to see y'all out there.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-10-2013, 06:11 PM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntropy View Post
RaggedEarl and I will be surfing at dawn Sunday, then chilling in the cove afterward. Hope to see y'all out there.
Well how was it?

We are planning on being there this weekend. I fly home on Wednesday and get home Thursday morning. Busy with some new house stuff but we are planning on going to the spot on Saturday.

I can't wait to hit the lake! Wooooo hooooooo it *** here as I'm on a vessel surrounded by water every day for a month Dan can't get in to enjoy it! I do have to say that the last two weeks here on the Normand Baltic have been great compared to the Chinese rig I have been working on for the past year.

Ready to hit the spot for sure! How's the lake level? Are they still working on the water plant on the south end near the dam? I know that they had the lake level down for carrying out this task but I ain't sure how long it's going to go on.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-10-2013, 06:26 PM
ntropy ntropy is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Boat: 2012 X2
Location: South
Posts: 19
Surfing was excellent. There is a ton of traffic by noon, however, regardless of the day. AFAIK, SJRA hasn't artificially manipulated the lake level. What I do know is that once that pipeline is complete, there's no way the lake will ever get back to full pool. Water temp is 83 degrees and holding. The better half and I'll be in Playa this weekend, so no lake for us, but will hit it solid next week. Have fun and be safe!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-10-2013, 08:00 PM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Thanks for the update bud and have fun!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 AM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
At the spot.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 AM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntropy View Post
Surfing was excellent. There is a ton of traffic by noon, however, regardless of the day. AFAIK, SJRA hasn't artificially manipulated the lake level. What I do know is that once that pipeline is complete, there's no way the lake will ever get back to full pool. Water temp is 83 degrees and holding. The better half and I'll be in Playa this weekend, so no lake for us, but will hit it solid next week. Have fun and be safe!
"Pipeline" ?

whats up with that ?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-15-2013, 01:42 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
"Pipeline" ?

whats up with that ?
Montgomery County is gearing up to start using Lake Conroe as it's water supply and stop relying on COH.
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM
psychobilly's Avatar
psychobilly psychobilly is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: '92 Maristar 240SC BB 454
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 706
Send a message via Skype™ to psychobilly
Yep, that's the word on the street. They have been working at the dam for a while now.

Been seeing a few MCs at the spot but never seen them on here. One X45 had a HUGE inflatable that they pulled out and inflated upon arrival.

It has been Super HOT down here! 200pm we are out of the water!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 AM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Montgomery County is gearing up to start using Lake Conroe as it's water supply and stop relying on COH.
That will not be good, with Montgomery county growing like crazy.

The lake is already stressed and below normal levels......

Great planning, you cannot take more water from a lake that is already low???

They probably have plans to make it rain more too?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
That will not be good, with Montgomery county growing like crazy.

The lake is already stressed and below normal levels......

Great planning, you cannot take more water from a lake that is already low???

They probably have plans to make it rain more too?
Lake Conroe was never intended to be a recreation lake, always was a reservoir. Because of the growth is why they are doing it. COH is stressed and can't keep up the demand.
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.