Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190 1991
91 Prostar, Salty DOG!

Aloha everyone! To start, thank you everyone for all of the awesome info/links/pictures and encouragement from everyone on this site. The project that has presented itself to me will need plenty of all of these...
This boat has not been purchased yet, but I am thinking it could be a fun and rewarding project. I would really like some second opinions from the guys here that know their stuff about bringing something like this back from the dead. I am not afraid of hard work and am very resourceful and have read every thread on here about restoring projects so I have an idea of what goes into something like this. This thing is the worst looking of any ive seen, but there is not a lot of selection here in Hawaii as far as great ski/wakeboard boats, and if there is something in decent shape they want a small fortune for it (everything needs to be brought over by container ship being we are 2300 miles away from the nearest land).
So the boat has been sitting like this for two years, half under a roof so you can imagine the water thats drained off into it, the owner now doesnt seem like he knows much about its history, in fact I dont think he has even seen the boat in a long time because when we spoke on the phone he said all it needs is a new engine, you can see by the pictures that is not the case.. We have not met yet only by phone and he told me where I could go to look at it and see if its something id be interested in. Hes asking 2200 as is where is with no trailer. I was excited until I dug into her a little bit, who knows what else is wrong with it if I do decide to really tear into it.
Attached Images