Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 X-9
Hour meter on 2002 X-9?

Hey everyone, I'm going to look at a boat I'm really interested in that's for sale this afternoon, but one thing the seller has told me has me wondering? He has told me that the boat has no hour meter on it, and I find that somewhat odd. I thought they were integrated into the tach, but he also said the boat doesn't have a tach. Were the hour meter and tach integrated into the perfect pass display on some boats? Or some other means to display this information. Overall, the boat looks pretty good from the pictures I've seen, but he doesn't have any pictures of the dash at this time.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:46 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKGman View Post
Hey everyone, I'm going to look at a boat I'm really interested in that's for sale this afternoon, but one thing the seller has told me has me wondering? He has told me that the boat has no hour meter on it, and I find that somewhat odd. I thought they were integrated into the tach, but he also said the boat doesn't have a tach. Were the hour meter and tach integrated into the perfect pass display on some boats? Or some other means to display this information. Overall, the boat looks pretty good from the pictures I've seen, but he doesn't have any pictures of the dash at this time.
99.9% of the boats come with an hour meter, whether it's in the tach or a stand-alone.

Depending on what year the boat is also a consideration for resolution. A boat with electronics; one may be able to read the ECM. The 2002 should be set up on an ECM.

For me, this situation is a pig-in-a-poke.

Odd that a MC would not have an hour meter nor a tachometer... Something isn't quite right....

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767

Old 06-24-2013, 11:52 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Not a big deal. Most likely yanked the tach to put the PP display in after the fact. Factory it does have an hour meter. Its wrong but not a big deal. you can get the tach after the fact for 100 bucks on great lakes and its plug n play. The hours can be checked through a mechanic.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
Not a big deal. Most likely yanked the tach to put the PP display in after the fact. Factory it does have an hour meter. Its wrong but not a big deal. you can get the tach after the fact for 100 bucks on great lakes and its plug n play. The hours can be checked through a mechanic.
Not necessarily; I bought a new tach as mine quit working. The tach works but it won't display the hours. It reads "No Data". It was a plug and play but doesn't work as expected.

OP, the boat you are looking at should have come from the factory with the hour meter integrated into the tach.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S