Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, x-star, 2002
Anyone near Ione that can help me???

Blew trailer tire and stranded!!

Nothing is open, no spare, nothing! Totally screwed.

I'd love a little TT help!

Last edited by VP46; 06-22-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 AM
TT Enthusiast

Grumble. Limped the rest of the way home on 3 legs.

Need to pick up a umm a spare and a new tire. Any one have a source that can get them delivered to pollock pines, ca by Sunday/Monday or sooner?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:05 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Sorry, not many peeps on here at this time...

Is everyone ok? Is everything ok with the boat? Any damage?

I am not sure if this is the best thing to do or if it can be done with your trailer since you have an XStar but if you need to get somewhere within reason, can you ratchet tie the axle up to the main part of the trailer to prevent the rim/hub from dragging. I know this can be done with our 190 but our boat is way lighter than yours.

Sorry I cannot be of any more help! Too far away...if you were within a few hours, I would be out the door right now.

Sorry, just re-reading your post and you made it home...someone from the west coast should be on by morning and should have some info. for ya...good thing tomorrow is Saturday and most likely a shop is open, at least to get a tire and maybe extra rim.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Yeah made it home ok. No damage thank goodness! Just a 3 hr trip Turning into a 6 hr trip.

All good hitting the lake tomorrow.

(Picking up better tools/tires tomorrow.)
Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 AM
MC Maniac

Glad to hear all is ok besides the tire!

With a tandem axle trailer on our PS190 and as much traveling we do, I have the spare on the trailer and also one I keep in the truck along with a 3 ton hydraulic jack, breaker bar and torque wrench.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Glad to hear all is ok besides the tire!

With a tandem axle trailer on our PS190 and as much traveling we do, I have the spare on the trailer and also one I keep in the truck along with a 3 ton hydraulic jack, breaker bar and torque wrench.
I'll be on that same plan soon.... dropping $540 on 4 new tires today. A tire iron that "actually" fits my lugs is also on order.

In any event... we WILL be on the water today!!

(Anyone know where I can get a matching Mastercraft spare?)
Old 06-22-2013, 05:33 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
I'll be on that same plan soon.... dropping $540 on 4 new tires today. A tire iron that "actually" fits my lugs is also on order.

In any event... we WILL be on the water today!!

(Anyone know where I can get a matching Mastercraft spare?)
Forget the tire iron...get a large breaker bar and socket used for air ratchets. Works just fine. Make sure to get an extension piece if you go this route so you do not hit your knuckles on the rim.

Breaker bar is also good if you rip a belt on the truck and need to release the tensioner and replace the belt! Do not ask why I know this...
Old 06-23-2013, 01:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

HA! Good points all around. I was glad to be able to pick up the tires today.... my trailer never looked so good.

We hit the water at 1:00 and stayed out until 8:30pm. Great day on the water celebrating my 8 yr olds birthday... and the boats first day of the season on the water. She ran FLAWLESSLY! I could not be happier about the boat....and the happiness the day brought to my daughter.

That said, they say things happen in threes and today the third "thing" hit us........while we were on the lake some argh hole with either a red car/truck or a red trailer caught the tail end of my now perfect trailer and tore off the reflector, bent the tie down tab, and left a nice 8in half moon scrape in the back. No note on my truck nothing... just the damage. Asked around if any one saw or heard the accident and spoke with the ranger who took my name and number and let me know they would review the video as they may be able to figure out who did it!!!

All in all a great day.

Boat PERFECT!

Trailer.... seriously didn't have a great weekend.

Time for a beer.....or three.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by VP46 View Post
HA! Good points all around. I was glad to be able to pick up the tires today.... my trailer never looked so good.

We hit the water at 1:00 and stayed out until 8:30pm. Great day on the water celebrating my 8 yr olds birthday... and the boats first day of the season on the water. She ran FLAWLESSLY! I could not be happier about the boat....and the happiness the day brought to my daughter.

That said, they say things happen in threes and today the third "thing" hit us........while we were on the lake some argh hole with either a red car/truck or a red trailer caught the tail end of my now perfect trailer and tore off the reflector, bent the tie down tab, and left a nice 8in half moon scrape in the back. No note on my truck nothing... just the damage. Asked around if any one saw or heard the accident and spoke with the ranger who took my name and number and let me know they would review the video as they may be able to figure out who did it!!!

All in all a great day.

Boat PERFECT!

Trailer.... seriously didn't have a great weekend.

Time for a beer.....or three.

Hi VP46,

What lake did you see the bald eagle at? Judging from the pines I'd say it was somewhere in the Sierra Mountains.

Congrats to the success of the 8yr old's birthday!