Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 06-21-2013, 08:35 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
I have a close friend that is a jeweler. They have made some custom jewelery for my wife over the years and do great work. Definately not the off the shelf kind of stuff yet very reasonable. Link below to their website, that has a few samples of their work. As most everything they do is custom, the website has just a small sampling. Shoot me a PM if interested and I'll put you in touch with them.

http://yhst-14732517654249.stores.yahoo.net/index.html

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '91 Brendella
I bought the rock on Blue Nile, and the band locally, then had the local store set the rock. I printed the info from Blue Nile and took it to price shop.... the local mall shops said they dont even sotck that high of quality, and if they were to order it, that Blue Nile's price was below their cost.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: none at moment
+1 for Blue Nile. Local shops will go to great lengths to discredit them since they are a threat to brick and morter but if you do reseearch on the type of diamand you want, Bluenile will have the best prices and by far the largest selection.

For such a big purchase, i like having LOTS of options, not just what a shop has on display. Same deal for my car and boat. Purcchased both online after searching for exactly what I wanted.

But if you don't know anything about diamonds, and don't wish to learn, then stick with a local shop for guidance. Otherwise, read up on what makes a good diamond and then get it from bluenile. I'm OCD about big purchases and like to think i become a "mini" expert on whatever i'm buying so i'm as informed as possible. Just my

Great that your girl is so small- that will certainly make any diamond look much bigger on her! Congrats and good luck!!!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 VRS
Get a prenup, don't want to be without a boat next summer
Old 06-21-2013, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: x-30
I would definitely ask around and try to find a "local guy." When I was looking I went to a couple of the chain stores and then got recommended to go to "local guy," best decision I made. The jeweler I go to is about an hour away from my house but I won't buy anything jewelry related from anywhere else. There's something to be said about walking into a store and the owner knows your name and is always willing to go above and beyond. I had an expensive watch I had bought before I knew him and he was able to get it fixed out of warranty for me at no charge. It's things like that that make the difference to me. At a chain store you are just another customer, when I walk into his store I feel like I'm going to see a friend. I got a larger and better quality stone for less $ than I was being quoted at the big stores. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X15, 2006, 350MCX
I have used Southeastern Gems for several things. Call him up and tell him what you want. When I bought my wifes engagement ring i had it appraised when i received it, it appraised for $2500 more than I paid. www.southeasterngems.com

Current Boat: 2006 X-15

Previous Boats:
2000 X-Star
1999 Prostar 205
Old 06-22-2013, 01:06 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Get a prenup, don't want to be without a boat next summer
Not really a problem. She makes as much as I do, everything she owns is paid off, and she has more money than I do lol
Old 06-22-2013, 02:27 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '07 X45 LY6
You guys make me feel great about my wife. Which I already did. We have been married for 15 years and she never wanted a diamond. Who am I to argue! And she drives the boat like a champ. Through the slalom course even. Pretty good I might add and I don't have speed control.

You look like I need a beer!

2001 Prostar 195 Sold

2007 X45 LY6
Old 06-22-2013, 02:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
You guys make me feel great about my wife. Which I already did. We have been married for 15 years and she never wanted a diamond. Who am I to argue! And she drives the boat like a champ. Through the slalom course even. Pretty good I might add and I don't have speed control.
Yea well my girl knows how to press ON with the stargazer and drive in straight lines. lol

I did however know she was gold. She took a massive faceplant yesterday, we pulled her up on the platform, and her only reply was "get me a beer and give me the rope". She was pretty concussed but pretty awesome regardless.