Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4181  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:41 PM
ttu's Avatar
ttu ttu is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Location: tulsa
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you guys pull through big hills, or mountains, ever?
i have towed once to table rock in missouri and there are a lot of good size hills there and it did great!
Reply With Quote
  #4182  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:52 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
i have towed once to table rock in missouri and there are a lot of good size hills there and it did great!
LMBO. Please define a "good size hill".
Reply With Quote
  #4183  
Old 06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
ttu's Avatar
ttu ttu is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Location: tulsa
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
LMBO. Please define a "good size hill".
well they are no rocky mountains but it is known as the ozark mountain!
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4184  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttu View Post
well they are no rocky mountains but it is known as the ozark mountain!
HA. That would be considered a "pimple on the praries" around here.
Reply With Quote
  #4185  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:12 PM
MattsCraft's Avatar
MattsCraft MattsCraft is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: May 2008
Boat: 2013 X25 - 6.2 Ilmor Baby
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you guys pull through big hills, or mountains, ever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
LMBO. Please define a "good size hill".
Up I-75 south, Jelico Mountain pass at 65 mph running at 2500 RPM good enough

Compare Dodge 1500 at 3500 RPM lucky to get up to 60 MPH

I don't know the grade but it pretty much straight up hill about 5 miles, passing trucks doing about 35-45 with their flashers on lol

Also, pulled up this same hill with a rented 2500 gaser and it was running at 3500 to 4000 up this same hill when my 1st Toaureg was totaled. I also get 14 mpg towing and 29 all around mileage vs 8-12 in a gaser.

Trips to Norris run 78 down hill in 8th, drop to 7th up the hills at 70, running between 2000 and 2500 rpm respectively.
Reply With Quote
  #4186  
Old 06-21-2013, 02:18 PM
Willski's Avatar
Willski Willski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 Prostar 197 TT #11
Location: IL
Posts: 2,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
HA. That would be considered a "pimple on the praries" around here.
Yep, but there are a few steep grades right around that lake! I have pulled boat trailers and 4 wheeler trailers through there a few times and my truck groans pretty good!
Reply With Quote
  #4187  
Old 06-21-2013, 03:31 PM
bbymgr's Avatar
bbymgr bbymgr is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Location: Lake James Indiana
Posts: 1,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post
Up I-75 south, Jelico Mountain pass at 65 mph running at 2500 RPM good enough

Compare Dodge 1500 at 3500 RPM lucky to get up to 60 MPH

I don't know the grade but it pretty much straight up hill about 5 miles, passing trucks doing about 35-45 with their flashers on lol

Also, pulled up this same hill with a rented 2500 gaser and it was running at 3500 to 4000 up this same hill when my 1st Toaureg was totaled. I also get 14 mpg towing and 29 all around mileage vs 8-12 in a gaser.

Trips to Norris run 78 down hill in 8th, drop to 7th up the hills at 70, running between 2000 and 2500 rpm respectively.
My Dodge pulled my X1 up Jelico way better than that. I was doing 70 the whole time. I cant remember the exact RPM's, but the truck wasn't struggling and I got 12 MPG for the trip.
__________________
"In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

Six in, Six out.


2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Reply With Quote
  #4188  
Old 06-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Goalie_ken Goalie_ken is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2000 Maristar 210
Location: Southwest
Posts: 69
GL Diesel and Maristar
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4189  
Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 PM
ttu's Avatar
ttu ttu is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
Location: tulsa
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie_ken View Post
GL Diesel and Maristar
sharp!
Reply With Quote
  #4190  
Old 06-21-2013, 04:42 PM
scott023's Avatar
scott023 scott023 is online now
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Location: Canada
Posts: 11,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsCraft View Post
Up I-75 south, Jelico Mountain pass at 65 mph running at 2500 RPM good enough

Compare Dodge 1500 at 3500 RPM lucky to get up to 60 MPH

I don't know the grade but it pretty much straight up hill about 5 miles, passing trucks doing about 35-45 with their flashers on lol

Also, pulled up this same hill with a rented 2500 gaser and it was running at 3500 to 4000 up this same hill when my 1st Toaureg was totaled. I also get 14 mpg towing and 29 all around mileage vs 8-12 in a gaser.

Trips to Norris run 78 down hill in 8th, drop to 7th up the hills at 70, running between 2000 and 2500 rpm respectively.
I'm going to have to record my RPM when I'm towing through the mountains.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2008, f150, f350, hybrid, tdi, x2 2008, x45, xstar

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.