Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 06-14-2013, 03:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat View Post
Why not shove a coozied beer into the filled cupholder real fast?

That oughtta displace enough to make you happy
Perfect solution Rat! Then put a couple Hotties next to each beer in white T-Shirts, and your all set!!! I would take a wave over the bow of my 205 for that action!!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-14-2013, 03:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
You're not kidding. Had quite a steep learning curve retrieving skiers -- 2200 revs is my number when crossing own wakes. And pointing stern towards surfers/wakeboarders. The first trip out was a clown act -- drenched two females in the bow.
I'm still staring up at that curve! Most of the time I do remember to throttle up and lift the bow. . .but every now and then I'm slow to react and end up soaking the "twins." In my case though it's my 12 yr old twin boys that get the surprise bath.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:48 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
I have issues dunking the bow on my Supra as well. Still getting used to that downward swoop. My S&S would get some water on the front too, but usually washed off by the time it got to the windshield. I have taken a couple nice waves all the way over the windshield on the S&S as well... that's always a nice surprise.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
Perfect solution Rat! Then put a couple Hotties next to each beer in white T-Shirts, and your all set!!! I would take a wave over the bow of my 205 for that action!!
let's go boating man!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 197TT #28 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by drschemel View Post
My word for you - close bow! I love sticking the wake and making the water come up to the windshield!
To me, the closed bow boats are worse when you drop the nose into a wave. When you dip the nose on of those (MC, Supra, etc.) the wall of water just rides the fiberglass unimpeded to the windshield and then up and over to soak the driver and observer. At least the open bow breaks up the water flow before getting into the main cabin area.
2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
www.sipnskicabin.com
Old 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsone View Post
To me, the closed bow boats are worse when you drop the nose into a wave. When you dip the nose on of those (MC, Supra, etc.) the wall of water just rides the fiberglass unimpeded to the windshield and then up and over to soak the driver and observer. At least the open bow breaks up the water flow before getting into the main cabin area.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I have never dunked the nose of my MC since day one, are you guys wiping around into your own wake and dunking? If someone falls I throttle off in a straight line then pivot in place, never hit my wake because it's past me by then.... Yeah it may take a few more seconds to get back to someone but it beats throwing rollers all the way down the lake from powerturning.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1996 Prostar190
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19_Skier View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority but I have never dunked the nose of my MC since day one, are you guys wiping around into your own wake and dunking? If someone falls I throttle off in a straight line then pivot in place, never hit my wake because it's past me by then.... Yeah it may take a few more seconds to get back to someone but it beats throwing rollers all the way down the lake from powerturning.
Here, here!! That's the way I've always turned, and taught all my drivers to do the same. Unless you're finished skiing for the next 20 minutes or so, you've just wrecked your conditions.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 197TT #28 of 100
Quote:
I did it a few times when I was just learning to drive a inboard (Supra Comp) 20 years ago or more.

Had it happen just last weekend as well. We had a skier on the platform putting a ski on when a wakeboard boat went by throwing out a huge roller that came our way. With a skier standing on the platform with a ski on, there is not much you can do other than just let it roll over the bow.

I am very aware of not doing power turns. Sometimes situations arise that you just don't have a good solution for; last weekend was one of those times.
2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
www.sipnskicabin.com
Old 06-14-2013, 05:35 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
I resemble those remarks. Since 2001 I have only got the nose dunked once and that was early after the purchase. I know the 205 is a bit higher and no cured down nose, but it is easy to do if your not paying attention. No powerturns, and either powering through a perpendicular wave or taking waves sideways. I know it doesn't work for all bodies of water but these new surf wakes are pretty big... That being said, sorry for the thread jack and bring on the white T-shirts!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 06-14-2013, 06:04 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsone View Post
I did it a few times when I was just learning to drive a inboard (Supra Comp) 20 years ago or more.

Had it happen just last weekend as well. We had a skier on the platform putting a ski on when a wakeboard boat went by throwing out a huge roller that came our way. With a skier standing on the platform with a ski on, there is not much you can do other than just let it roll over the bow.

I am very aware of not doing power turns. Sometimes situations arise that you just don't have a good solution for; last weekend was one of those times.
yeah I can see that for sure, I think maybe I'm just spoiled being on a smaller lake there is not enough room for large wakeboard/surfing boats so the only time I would ever run the chance of dunking is while pulling.

Now, back to the beers and white t-shirts in the bow....

Tags
bilge, cupholder, drain