Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Tim2ski Tim2ski is offline
TT Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Boat: 2003 Prostar 197,MCX,Wetsounds,red and white, prev 89 Prostar 190
Location: Midwest
Posts: 20
PS 197 cupholder drains

Hello All,
I have been battling with my front cupholders filling with water if I take some water over the bow. I bought some cupholders with drains in them but can't seem to find a way to get the water to the bilge.

I have decided to just plug the holes if I can't figure out a way to drain them. The water drains right into my carpet in the front and takes forever to dry out even if I take out the front seats.

Any ideas? Thx in advance
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-14-2013, 08:54 AM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 2,180
lol not be a smarta$$ but you are worried about the water in the cupholder if you take water over the bow???????

I think the solution is to obviously move somewhere warmer that will dry the carpet out. Seriously though its a pretty good hike to bilge land and I would just stop taking that much water over the bow lol.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 AM
ncsone's Avatar
ncsone ncsone is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Boat: 2005 197TT #28 of 100
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 687
They do make cupholders w/ drains that accept tubing on the bottom. You could potentially run the tubing from the forward cupholders to the bilge under the motor via the storage area under the front of the boat.

For that matter, you could just run the tubing to the battery box area which dumps into the bilge, if I remember correctly.
__________________
2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
www.sipnskicabin.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:12 AM
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: .
Location: .
Posts: 4,058
Why not shove a coozied beer into the filled cupholder real fast?

That oughtta displace enough to make you happy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat
A thief in Fort Worth swindled me of $155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac505 View Post
Unfortunately I was strung along by a less than honourable TT member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDave View Post
I will never understand the tower thing on a boat designed for smooth water and slalom.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 AM
02ProstarSammyD 02ProstarSammyD is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Boat: current-07 X2, past-02 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Location: Southeast
Posts: 2,180
Quote:
Why not shove a coozied beer into the filled cupholder real fast?

That oughtta displace enough to make you happy
now you are talking about wasting beer unless its an empty beer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
TxsRiverRat TxsRiverRat is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2011
Boat: .
Location: .
Posts: 4,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
now you are talking about wasting beer unless its an empty beer.
or not yet opened
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxsRiverRat
A thief in Fort Worth swindled me of $155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac505 View Post
Unfortunately I was strung along by a less than honourable TT member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDave View Post
I will never understand the tower thing on a boat designed for smooth water and slalom.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Kweisner's Avatar
Kweisner Kweisner is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Location: Southeast
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
lol not be a smarta$$ but you are worried about the water in the cupholder if you take water over the bow???????
Anyone with a 197 will tell ya that water over the bow is inevitable--at least that's the excuse I keep giving myself every time it happens!
__________________
"This one goes to eleven." 2007 ProStar 197 TT w/MCX and Powerslot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Voodoo's Avatar
Voodoo Voodoo is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: '06 MC 197 TT MCX
Location: Virginia
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweisner View Post
Anyone with a 197 will tell ya that water over the bow is inevitable--at least that's the excuse I keep giving myself every time it happens!
You're not kidding. Had quite a steep learning curve retrieving skiers -- 2200 revs is my number when crossing own wakes. And pointing stern towards surfers/wakeboarders. The first trip out was a clown act -- drenched two females in the bow.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:39 PM
drschemel's Avatar
drschemel drschemel is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Boat: 1990 Tristar 190 Sport
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Posts: 648
My word for you - close bow! I love sticking the wake and making the water come up to the windshield!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-14-2013, 02:43 PM
thatsmrmastercraft's Avatar
thatsmrmastercraft thatsmrmastercraft is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 15,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
You're not kidding. Had quite a steep learning curve retrieving skiers -- 2200 revs is my number when crossing own wakes. And pointing stern towards surfers/wakeboarders. The first trip out was a clown act -- drenched two females in the bow.
That can be fun.
__________________
- Peter
TANDEM AXLE PACKAGE DEAL
LAST PACKAGE AVAILABLE AT THIS PRICE
$950 DELIVERED


5 14X5.5 T06 WHEELS W/GUNMETAL INLAY
5 ST215/75R14 KENDA LOADSTAR KR03 RADIALS
STAINLESS CENTER CAPS, LIFETIME CHROME LUGS
MOUNTED, BALANCED & READY TO INSTALL


PM or email me for tire, wheel or package pricing.
CARBURETOR REBUILDING - $125 + PARTS
LED lights, Chrome & Powder Coated Lugs
2 LED 6" BRAKE LIGHTS DELIVERED $25

tiresplease@gmail.com

Coming soon.......TrailerEssentials.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bilge, cupholder, drain

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:11 PM.