Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 06-11-2013, 10:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Mastercraft Maristar with a Corvette LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
Just use silicone. Even without sealant, you're not going to get any significant water through those fittings (except possibly the bow ring). Of course, I'm speaking as someone with pre-teen children and a dog; a golf-ball sized hole in the hull would let less water into the boat than the kids and dog bring in.

Don't get into the 3M 5200 sealant crowd - it's great stuff, but consider it more-or-less permanent. If you ever need to get it off, you'll have to get out the jackhammer.

Also, I replaced the fixed cleats on the flanks of the boat with pop-ups. The kids love jumping off the sunpad over the side, and I really worried about one of them coming in contact with those horns. Something like this or this helped my piece of mind immensely.
Thanks for the advice on the sealant.

Those cleats are nice!! Someplace I saw some pop up Mastercraft ones but I think I better get her running first.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:43 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have some questions about some of the switches on the dash.

Since I have not had any power to my boat yet I was wondering what Acc-1 & Acc-2 are used for?

I'm assuming I'm missing the cover for the Anchor/Navigation light circuit breaker, Is that a dealer only item?

I'm also assuming the push button above the switches is for the horn, should that have a cover on it also?

I'm missing the cigarette lighter, is that something special or would one from a car work?

I'm also wondering does the boat have a warning buzzer if the motor temp rises to an unsafe level? I know there's a temp gauge but I buzzer would be nice just in case no one is looking at the gauges.

Any help on where to find my missing parts would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Pics of our hatch actuator and shock. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371004351.200226.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  38.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371004366.240086.jpg
Views: 669
Size:  29.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371004377.736094.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  27.8 KB
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, MariStar 200 VRS, 1998, LT1
Since I have not had any power to my boat yet I was wondering what Acc-1 & Acc-2 are used for?

One is for the heater blower and one is for the hot water shower, if equipped. We have both and I always forget which switch is which (say that ten times fast).

I'm assuming I'm missing the cover for the Anchor/Navigation light circuit breaker, Is that a dealer only item?

Yes, it is missing, and I'm not sure about the dealer part.

I'm also assuming the push button above the switches is for the horn, should that have a cover on it also?

Yes, it is for the horn, and no it doesn't get a cover.

I'm missing the cigarette lighter, is that something special or would one from a car work?

I don't know for sure.

I'm also wondering does the boat have a warning buzzer if the motor temp rises to an unsafe level? I know there's a temp gauge but I buzzer would be nice just in case no one is looking at the gauges.

I'd like to hear the answer on this one too!

Any help on where to find my missing parts would be greatly appreciated!!![/quote]
Old 06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
If you ever want to replace those dash panels, I found this place that sells them.

ACC-1 and ACC-2 are simply for whatever accessories you want to have on switches. SP has a good answer for a heater equipped boat, mine aren't hooked up to anything (but will be eventually).

I don't know where to get those little pieces; you might have to look around places like this to find them.

I don't know about the cigarette lighter; mines missing also.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:40 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS
Accessory 1 may be a shower, if you have one. If you turn on the accessory 1 you should be able to hear if something is running. Sometimes the acc. 1 and 2 are spare switches for add-ons if you want to add a heater or shower or add LED lights, etc.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Med Blue 2012 X2, Illmor 5.7
Send a message via MSN to dpolen
ACC-1 was tied to my depth finder on my '98

He who dies with the most toys wins...I'm losing right now!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:38 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well I made some progress on cleaning the inside of the bow. My boat sat for at least 3 yeas with just the mooring cover on it outside before I purchased it, needless to say things got moldy!!

Most of the carpets had a black film on it. This is the panel below the dash panel, half of it is the way the boat was the other half is power washed.

I've removed most of the seats and side panels so that can clean them and clean behind them.

Before:

It's looking better but boy it's a lot of work, fortunately my one son helped me tonight, I enjoyed working with him.

Steve

After wet sanding the top surfaces, buffing and waxing:

Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 PM
TT Enthusiast

Unfortunately my boat does not have a depth gauge, heater or shower. I'm curious to see if Acc-1 & 2 are connected to anything. I won't know until I get the motor back in and the wiring hooked back up.

Sometime I will have to do a search on a homemade heater, it seems like it would be simple to make with a heater core and a blower motor.

Does anyone have a picture of the factory cigarette lighter, I'm curious what was there.

Steve
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS
Your bow turned out great! With the cigarette plug on my dash, it wasn't plugged in behind the dash, not that we needed one. Anyway West Marine had a cheap replacement with a cap for it. Sorry, I do t have a pic Hig.