Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: '90 PS 190 /. '02 XStar
Wink

Lol....

Just got home from shift and asked the boss....

She just told me "sure....only if she goes with the boat." She also just told me "to please send pic."

Careful brutha... She's a So Carolina strawberry blonde... You'd have your hands full... 8^)
Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 99 Mastercraft Prostar 205 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersonmc View Post
So after talking to 3 mastercraft dealers, and 2 different shops I came to conclusion that this boat is not worth taking a chance on. They all felt with no service records, no documentation of new engine, lack of care to exterior, and over all apperance its just a big mess. I'm basically going to offer him a cash offer of difference of changing out motor and trans with the 3k gelcoat repair. I've seen a couple cherry xstars go for 20k-25k range around here with low hours. So I think I'll offer him like $8k otherwise I'll walk.
I would just walk away. The dealers are right. You don't want to insult the guy either by low balling. I know how hard is to hold that load in once you start looking, but if you hold out a little longer you will find something nice to blow it on!

They are out there, just expand your search a little more. Try BoatTrader.com and onlyinboards.com and don't be afraid to drive or pay a little for it. Just get good pics first. Like Chevyluv said, if it's nice you are going to pay for it.