Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2005, 12:51 AM
X_Star05 X_Star05 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: X-Star 05'
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to X_Star05
Help

I do not know where to begin ... I have a 2005 x-star (the one with the paint job on it) and have some MAJOR concerns. I picked this boat up early July and have 61 hours on the boat. Well, about a week ago I was looking over the boat and realized at the bow of the boat right by the ladder there were some spider cracks starting to show. At first I didn’t think it was a big deal, and when I first noticed it, it was when my boat was at my dealer. I showed my dealer, and he said he has never seen this before, but it can easily be fixed and it under warrantee. So a week goes by, and I was using the boat and as I was cleaning the boat I started realizing that there were more spider cracks. These new spider cracks were MUCH worse then the other ones. These spider cracks were starting at in the bow of the boat, right where the cushions turn in the corner. I have not hit anything, and this boat has been babied ever since I have owned it!!! I tried sticking my hand in the hole where the ladder is to feel the other side where the spider cracks are, and THINK I feel a crack on the other side. My dealer knows about this, and I have tired calling MasterCraft about this issue too. MasterCraft said they r waiting for pictures from my dealer to analyze my situation. SO FAR MasterCraft has been good, and told me that they are going to stand by there product

I wanted to get ur and hear what you guys think… I also have some spider cracks (little ones) in other places in the boat.

My dealer and MasterCraft both said they have not heard about this happening before… this is a BRAND NEW BOAT and not to sound arrogant but after paying over 100 grand for a 22foot 3inch boat I think it should be PERFECT!!! I am very worried about this problem, and I cannot see what part of the hull looks like because I have 18 layers of paint on top of it….

What if my hull has cracks in it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-30-2005, 12:57 AM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Sounds like you dealer is taking care of you and you shouldn't worry at this point.



Now, to my fellow board members.....don't get irrational, there is no need to create a problem here. Keep this thread nice and no MC bashing.
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com

Last edited by erkoehler; 08-30-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-30-2005, 12:59 AM
X_Star05 X_Star05 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: X-Star 05'
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to X_Star05
no problem??? all these spider cracks(or worse then spider cracks) with only 61 hours on the boat???
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-30-2005, 01:01 AM
erkoehler's Avatar
erkoehler erkoehler is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Location: Bloomingdale, IL
Posts: 14,473
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Star05
no problem??? all these spider cracks(or worse then spider cracks) with only 61 hours on the boat???

who said there was no problem
__________________
www.lauderdalelakesmarina.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-30-2005, 01:03 AM
X_Star05 X_Star05 is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Boat: X-Star 05'
Location: Maryland
Posts: 43
Send a message via AIM to X_Star05
sorry.. its late here and have a lot on my mind... no one said there was a "no problem"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2005, 01:04 AM
PendO's Avatar
PendO PendO is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
Location: Below Canada, Left of Idaho
Posts: 3,561
Your warranty will cover any fiberglass repairs described. We had to have some spider cracks repaird in our 04 X-Star on the walk thru to the bow (appx 200 hrs first summer), and some gel coat repair on the underside of the hull, and the stock stainless steel prop cracked (which might have caused some of the gel coat issues underneath due to vibration).

Our dealer did the same as yours, took pictures, sent them in, and fixed it all under warranty during the winter - you wil not be able to tell where they were after the work is done.

I'm sure someone else can explain why the spiderwebbing/craking seems to occur during the first season, but I just wanted to give you peace of mind that it has happened before and M/C and the Dealer fixed everything.

Other than the aforementioned problem, how has it been running, I remember you were having some issues getting the LQ9 to perform like you thoght it should, was that resolved?

Casey


Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Star05
I do not know where to begin ... I have a 2005 x-star (the one with the paint job on it) and have some MAJOR concerns. I picked this boat up early July and have 61 hours on the boat. Well, about a week ago I was looking over the boat and realized at the bow of the boat right by the ladder there were some spider cracks starting to show. At first I didn’t think it was a big deal, and when I first noticed it, it was when my boat was at my dealer. I showed my dealer, and he said he has never seen this before, but it can easily be fixed and it under warrantee. So a week goes by, and I was using the boat and as I was cleaning the boat I started realizing that there were more spider cracks. These new spider cracks were MUCH worse then the other ones. These spider cracks were starting at in the bow of the boat, right where the cushions turn in the corner. I have not hit anything, and this boat has been babied ever since I have owned it!!! I tried sticking my hand in the hole where the ladder is to feel the other side where the spider cracks are, and THINK I feel a crack on the other side. My dealer knows about this, and I have tired calling MasterCraft about this issue too. MasterCraft said they r waiting for pictures from my dealer to analyze my situation. SO FAR MasterCraft has been good, and told me that they are going to stand by there product

I wanted to get ur and hear what you guys think… I also have some spider cracks (little ones) in other places in the boat.

My dealer and MasterCraft both said they have not heard about this happening before… this is a BRAND NEW BOAT and not to sound arrogant but after paying over 100 grand for a 22foot 3inch boat I think it should be PERFECT!!! I am very worried about this problem, and I cannot see what part of the hull looks like because I have 18 layers of paint on top of it….

What if my hull has cracks in it
__________________
At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program

Last edited by PendO; 08-30-2005 at 01:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:46 AM
east tx skier's Avatar
east tx skier east tx skier is offline
MC Hero
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Location: End of my rope.
Posts: 25,297
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

I have heard or a few rare instances of this through this board. What Casey said sounds about right. Just work closely with your dealer and get that camera going.
__________________
Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ


Tyler Ski Club


To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:04 PM
rlwiley's Avatar
rlwiley rlwiley is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 09- X-35
Location: Southeast
Posts: 129
How do you go out and buy a boat for over 100k that has a base MSRP of $65,340.00
and then with every option it only totals around $95,000.00. You do know that the MSRP prices are very neg.
But beside from the fact that you overpaid, let your dealer do the work before you call the factory.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Mag_Red's Avatar
Mag_Red Mag_Red is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 5,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwiley
How do you go out and buy a boat for over 100k that has a base MSRP of $65,340.00
and then with every option it only totals around $95,000.00. You do know that the MSRP prices are very neg.
But beside from the fact that you overpaid, let your dealer do the work before you call the factory.
When you see the paint job on this bad boy you might understand. Sorry about your problems.....just keep a cool head and give em some time to remedy the problem. How about posting some pics of your boat???
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 PM
PendO's Avatar
PendO PendO is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
Location: Below Canada, Left of Idaho
Posts: 3,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwiley
How do you go out and buy a boat for over 100k that has a base MSRP of $65,340.00
and then with every option it only totals around $95,000.00. You do know that the MSRP prices are very neg.
But beside from the fact that you overpaid, let your dealer do the work before you call the factory.

Don't forget the governor's 8.1% in our state And the trailer, but yes, that would be a hefty price - regardless - I think he just wanted some assurance from other owners who could tell him of the positive experience with warranty work.

Mag - I love your avatar!
__________________
At least you know one person who collected from the Cash Rewards program
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 PM.