Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 06-02-2013, 01:14 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2007 X2
Check Engine Light '07 X2

I just took my X2 out for the first time in 10 months, and after running the engine for a couple minutes the check engine light and alarm came on. I immediately stopped the engine. Engine oil was good, plenty of engine oil and transmission oil, temp. was 160 degrees. Boat only has 200 hours. Being that I live in San Diego with a mild climate, I did not winterize the boat. It is kept in an enclosed garage so didn't think it was necessary. It was stored with 1/4 tank of gas and I filled up the tank with new gas prior to going out.

Any ideas of where to start the troubleshooting? Cant find much info online or here on check engine light.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X2
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=35929

this one might help too:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=35512
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 AM

Boat: 06 X30
The second post wont help if you have a MEFI 5, which you probably do. You'll need a scan tool or a PC with the right software and a cable from rinda tech to see the codes and or reset them.

I would make sure the battery is fully charged and you can try the 3 warm up cool down reset stuff from the first link.