Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2 towed by a 2012 Touareg TDI
that sounds like the dealer is stepping up!

enjoy your vacation.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
My phone call was that effective.

I think I should be at least invited on this trip.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-01-2013, 08:50 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
My phone call was that effective.

I think I should be at least invited on this trip.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Feel free. More people = more ballast.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 200
I have used them before and have paid them to fix a lot of problems done to my boat by the previous owner (new strut, shaft, and prop). But it was the little things they did that drove me crazy. They couldn't tighten the ignition properly and the key used to spin all the way around, one day the wires behind it striped off and I was stranded swimming my boat to shore. Then somehow the wires touched the right way b/c the boat started while I was swimming it to shore with the key in the glove box. Anyways, when someone charges that much just to tighten an ignition you expect it done properly. Only reason why I even had them do it is because they did everything else when I first bought the boat.

Needless to say, I store by boat in Hot Springs and no longer use them. The Supra guys there took care of my Mastercraft this year and I couldn't be happier.

The owner is a nice guy though, I will say that. And for him to let you use the new boat to right the wrongs they did was first class. I just personally stay away from them now.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 PM
TT Enthusiast

I wanted to give an update and ask for some advice. The dealer thinks the leak should be fixed, but I have also been having Viper issues that are still unresolved. The dealer has been working with the factory to find the issue, but my question is how long is too long. The viper issues are going on their 5th month. I have only taken my boat out once all year. If not for being able to borrow the dealers I would be boat less and the resolution is another possible 2 months out. The season will be coming to a close then. Do I have any course of action or am I just screwed?
Old 06-15-2013, 12:52 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 xstar 350
I second the supra guys in hot springs they do all my work on my mc
Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonb1822 View Post
I wanted to give an update and ask for some advice. The dealer thinks the leak should be fixed, but I have also been having Viper issues that are still unresolved. The dealer has been working with the factory to find the issue, but my question is how long is too long. The viper issues are going on their 5th month. I have only taken my boat out once all year. If not for being able to borrow the dealers I would be boat less and the resolution is another possible 2 months out. The season will be coming to a close then. Do I have any course of action or am I just screwed?
If you still have the loaner boat then tell them you will keep it until yours is fixed. While the owner stepped up and helped you out, he did what he should have done. Would you not expect a car dealer to supply you with a similar $90,000 loaner car if you had similar issues with an automobile?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:28 AM
TT Enthusiast

I think the loaner was the best solution until mine is fixed. I just struggle thinking it takes this long to fix. I'm impatient I guess
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Leak is finally fixed. Shaft seal was replaced, but that was not the fix. Removed the black fittings in the original post, cleaned and resealed. No leak.