Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: None
Towing From Extended pylon

I am looking to get a used extended pylon (Ten Foot Pole) and I was wondering about how heavy duty these are?

There are several "big boys" in my family and I would think that the increased upward angle would help in pulling our big butts out of the water, maybe even the occasional short barefoot run. Is this safe to do on an extended pylon, there would be no hard cutting like a slalom run, just hard straight loads from the holeshot. Ok for extended pylons? I would assume, if setup correctly, all the load would be transferred to the bow strap.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2006 Supra 20V
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.robinson389 View Post
I am looking to get a used extended pylon (Ten Foot Pole) and I was wondering about how heavy duty these are?

There are several "big boys" in my family and I would think that the increased upward angle would help in pulling our big butts out of the water, maybe even the occasional short barefoot run. Is this safe to do on an extended pylon, there would be no hard cutting like a slalom run, just hard straight loads from the holeshot. Ok for extended pylons? I would assume, if setup correctly, all the load would be transferred to the bow strap.
That's what they're made for, youll be fine!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1990 Ski Nautique
Im not sure pulling multiple (or very large) slalom skiers from the extended pylon is recommended by the manufacturer... but Ive seen it done without issue. Barefooting, no problem- thats a less stressful pullout than a person on a single ski. We barefoot from all our extended pylons almost exlusively... the higher tow point is nice. The forward attachment should actually decrease the stress on the pylon vs. the lower tow point.