Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2004 x2
f925- i have lots of sps and chalice few favia, scolys. fish wise i have black tang,yellow belly regal , snowflake clowns, midas blenny, about 5-6 different species of wrasses, mandarins, tomini tang. focused more on the corals then fish
Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
pap when is your account going to be fixed your still showing as a guest...
I've requested several times, nothing has happened.

WRT flag:
Flag Code Section 8’s concept of “respect” for the flag of the United States of America can, at first glance, seem patent and trivial. There are certainly those who would imagine that any and all demonstrative uses of our national emblem are invariably “patriotic,” simply in their own right. We are of the view, though, that idle exhibitions of patriotism are little more than a tribute to the exhibitor, a self-pat on one’s back as it were, whereas “respect” speaks in terms of the flag itself. American Heritage (4th) defines “respect” as “to feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.” This is to say, one does not automatically “respect” the flag by its use; to the contrary, we suggest that one shows the opposite by its misuse.
"Except for patches on certain uniforms , please do not wear clothing of any kind embossed with the American flag. Please."
Except for patches on certain uniforms (which we address in a separate column), please do not wear clothing of any kind embossed with the American flag. Please. “The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. Section 8(d). “It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.” Section 8(i).
No flags or flag designs as clothing? This may, at first blush, appear Draconian. But reiterating, one mustn’t confuse pretence with reverence. The first is of no moment within the body of flag etiquette, whereas the latter is at its very heart
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM
MC Addict

Boat: nothing worth mentioning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RLAKE View Post
Segway riding in Paris two weeks ago ... first two hours were awesome .... last hour poured ... Linda rode with one hand and the other holding her umbrella!
Coincidence. We were in Paris 2 weeks ago also, May 11-18. Didn't see you there.
Yeah, the weather was kind of iffy, but we never got caught in the rain.
We stayed on Ile St. Louis, a couple blocks from this place. Where did you stay?
Attached Images

Former boats:
2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
1990 Prostar 190
Old 05-28-2013, 01:49 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pap View Post
I've requested several times, nothing has happened.

WRT flag:
Flag Code Section 8’s concept of “respect” for the flag of the United States of America can, at first glance, seem patent and trivial. There are certainly those who would imagine that any and all demonstrative uses of our national emblem are invariably “patriotic,” simply in their own right. We are of the view, though, that idle exhibitions of patriotism are little more than a tribute to the exhibitor, a self-pat on one’s back as it were, whereas “respect” speaks in terms of the flag itself. American Heritage (4th) defines “respect” as “to feel or show deferential regard for; esteem.” This is to say, one does not automatically “respect” the flag by its use; to the contrary, we suggest that one shows the opposite by its misuse.
"Except for patches on certain uniforms , please do not wear clothing of any kind embossed with the American flag. Please."
Except for patches on certain uniforms (which we address in a separate column), please do not wear clothing of any kind embossed with the American flag. Please. “The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. Section 8(d). “It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.” Section 8(i).
No flags or flag designs as clothing? This may, at first blush, appear Draconian. But reiterating, one mustn’t confuse pretence with reverence. The first is of no moment within the body of flag etiquette, whereas the latter is at its very heart
We should not disgrace an actual US Flag by turning it into clothing, you keep quoting sections that reference real flags and not flag imprinted clothing. Did the guy in the photo cut up and sew a US flag into an ill-fitting pair of shorts my money would be no, but if he did thats wrong, otherwise he's ok wearing those shorts no matter how bad they look or my opinion of his patriotism.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 04 210 Maristar
There is a mosque in my town that displays the muslum religion flag to the right and higher next to the american flag. Burns my ***.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
@Maristar210, Same goes for Ikea. They have the Swedish flag in the center and higher up. Then an Ikea to the left and an American flag to the right!!!! Really gets under my skin and I will never go in that place for that reason alone.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 AM
MC Devotee

Welcome to REX KWON DO

Nobody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2004 Prostar 190
Since we are talking flags, anyone find a good way to get notifications on half-staff display?

I subscribed to email notices from American Flag Pole & Flag Company....Memorial Day was 1/2 staff til noon....

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

2004 Prostar 197, ACME 843
Old 05-28-2013, 08:55 AM
MC Devotee

Not sure where to find something exact. Found this. Decent read. http://www.gettysburgflag.com/FlyFlagHalfMast.php
Old 05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maristar210 View Post
There is a mosque in my town that displays the muslum religion flag to the right and higher next to the american flag. Burns my ***.
flags are held up by a cord, which can be cut