Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Electrical

Old 05-01-2013, 08:10 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Dropped the 209 off at BHM this morning. Parked next to an X25 for size comparison. Mine isn't so big now.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367410231.902232.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  70.2 KB
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Good luck, I am sure they will get you back on the water quickly.......at least you have been on the water!

As for the X25.....I would still take your boat over that one as it has a smaller wake!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:55 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MC ProStar 209, 2001, LTR, Blue
Received a call from Chris at Boat House Marine yesterday, the problem with the guages was the Medallion Control Box. They worked with me since it was the first time out after buying it. They ate the labor and I bought the part, I'm satisfied with that and they also changed out a cracked lens on one of the guages. A bad connection at the knock sensor was causing the check engine light to illuminate. I will pick it up Saturday and if the weather holds out, dump it in the lake for a while. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1983 Stars and Stripes PowerSlot
Excellent solution for the problem. I'm glad that you have had a positive experience with your MC dealer. That's good to know when and if something else comes up down the road.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:15 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsqure View Post
Received a call from Chris at Boat House Marine yesterday, the problem with the guages was the Medallion Control Box. They worked with me since it was the first time out after buying it. They ate the labor and I bought the part, I'm satisfied with that and they also changed out a cracked lens on one of the guages. A bad connection at the knock sensor was causing the check engine light to illuminate. I will pick it up Saturday and if the weather holds out, dump it in the lake for a while. Hope this helps someone in the future.
Glad to hear it worked out. Have fun on the lake!

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 19Skier
My MDC box went on the first voyage this year as well, thanks to my TTOCD I figured that was the problem right away. took the speedo lines off the box and water started leaking everywhere. For future reference, the box is dead easy to replace yourself if it ever happens again, for the cost of the box, I may have asked them to cover the cost of the box and I'd pay the labour!

When I talked to my MC dealer they said the pitot lines are supposed to be self draining so they don't blow them out at winterization. Regardless, I am adding it to my list for next year. I think I may take the first voyage every year with the lines not attached to the MDC box for a few minutes as well!