Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #511  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
5/15/2013 Update: We officially have water into the house!

Yesterday the well drillers came back out and ran the line from the well into the house and installed the pressure tank, so now we have water into the house! We took a sample of the water to be tested and have a suitable softener system built which should be in place before the end of the week.
I have most of the tile grouted with only the laundry room and back hall left to go, so the plumber has been hard at work putting in all of the fixtures and toilets. By the end of this week we should have running water and working toilets throughout the house......just in time as we had the porta-potty hauled away late last week!

Next up: The garage gets poured this Saturday and the drywallers come back late next week to finish-up. After they are done we can touch things up, put down the hardwood and carpet and move on in!!!

Will get some pics of the finished bathrooms later today.
Reply With Quote
  #512  
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 3,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Yesterday the well drillers came back out and ran the line from the well into the house and installed the pressure tank, so now we have water into the house! We took a sample of the water to be tested and have a suitable softener system built which should be in place before the end of the week.
I have most of the tile grouted with only the laundry room and back hall left to go, so the plumber has been hard at work putting in all of the fixtures and toilets. By the end of this week we should have running water and working toilets throughout the house......just in time as we had the porta-potty hauled away late last week!

Next up: The garage gets poured this Saturday and the drywallers come back late next week to finish-up. After they are done we can touch things up, put down the hardwood and carpet and move on in!!!

Will get some pics of the finished bathrooms later today.
We didn't hear how deep you actually had to go, did we?
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #513  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
We didn't hear how deep you actually had to go, did we?
200 feet was the final depth where the casing stopped and the screen was set. We hit a very fine sand and the driller was able to make it work to the tune of 10+ gallons/minute, which from what I understand is a very good producing well. The static water level in the casing rests at about 100 feet down so we end up with an 100 foot reserve of water in the pipe which equates to around 100 gallons and the actual pump itself sits at the 175' depth.

Total cost was more than we had budgeted obviously since we had to go an additional 75 feet, but far better than it could have been had we been forced to drill in a new spot or had we not found water at all.

I think the tower for the boat is now on hold again!!!
Reply With Quote
  #514  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 3,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
200 feet was the final depth where the casing stopped and the screen was set. We hit a very fine sand and the driller was able to make it work to the tune of 10+ gallons/minute, which from what I understand is a very good producing well. The static water level in the casing rests at about 100 feet down so we end up with an 100 foot reserve of water in the pipe which equates to around 100 gallons and the actual pump itself sits at the 175' depth.

Total cost was more than we had budgeted obviously since we had to go an additional 75 feet, but far better than it could have been had we been forced to drill in a new spot or had we not found water at all.

I think the tower for the boat is now on hold again!!!
UGGGHHHHH!!!!!
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #515  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
Yeah...for the added cost of the extra 75 feet, I could have easily had a new mini-tower, bimini and racks on the boat for this year! Guess I will have to keep slumming it!
Reply With Quote
  #516  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Double D's Avatar
Double D Double D is online now
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Posts: 3,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Yeah...for the added cost of the extra 75 feet, I could have easily had a new mini-tower, bimini and racks on the boat for this year! Guess I will have to keep slumming it!
WOW!! 75 feet cost that much?? I never would have thought that.... Glad I have city water...
__________________
If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Reply With Quote
  #517  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
I will let you know when I see the final bill, but the estimate was based on going 125 feet and the figure they told me yesterday was roughly a mini-tower and bimini more!!!
Sad how money equates to parts on a boat!!!
Reply With Quote
  #518  
Old 05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
JohnE's Avatar
JohnE JohnE is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Location: Boston 'burbs
Posts: 8,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
I will let you know when I see the final bill, but the estimate was based on going 125 feet and the figure they told me yesterday was roughly a mini-tower and bimini more!!!
Sad how money equates to parts on a boat!!!
I think that $15 per foot is average in our area. Fortunately mine has public water.
__________________
'97 Prostar 190 - LT-1

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Reply With Quote
  #519  
Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I think that $15 per foot is average in our area. Fortunately mine has public water.
$15/foot is pretty standard in our area for an uncased well however, if you have to case it then you roughly add another $15/foot. The other killer is that the deeper you go, the larger the pump you will need to get the water up and out.

It's a no win situation as you have to have water so at the end of the day you just pay and say thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #520  
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 AM
jkski jkski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 1,833
5/17/2013: Tile is all grouted and sealed!

Well, the "Before We Move In To Do List" is getting smaller and I have to admit it feels good to cross some things off. The tile is all grouted and sealed, closets are done and concrete goes in the garage tomorrow. The water softener system goes in tomorrow and the remaining plumbing will be connected, so by the end of Saturday we should have running water and working toilets throughout the house!!!

Here are few pics of the latest progress.
Attached Images
      
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.