Go Back   TeamTalk > News & Information > Suggestions > Team Talk

Old 05-10-2013, 10:19 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Prostar 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Wow skip one day on this site and the place goes nuts. First off as with others I would like to say thank you to the mods and Cam in particular on this one for all the work and their efforts to make this a great place to get and share information about the boats we all love.

With that said I do have to say I do support some of the statements being made in regards to people that sign up and their first post is a ad selling their boat. Then the second or third being a PM to the mods on how they don't like something about the board or that a comment has hurt their feelings. From my perspective you're pretty much a guest here until you've contributed something other than a desire to get free advertising for a boat you want to sell. I'm pretty much of the opinion that until you reach the point where you become a contributor you should hold your comments/demands and quit whining about your hurt feelings over what one of the other kids said about your soon to be ex boat.

When I compare this forum to others I've used or monitored it has been quite well mannered and tame by comparison. The vast majority of posts I've seen or been a part of have been very helpful but there is the occasional smart a$$ remark. Big deal, get over it. Let's all be big people here. If you don't like something move on, no one is forcing you to be here or take what you may consider abuse. But please let's not bow to the PC mantra of catering to the "always offended" individual that everyone is supposed to coddle especially if it comes from someone with less than 100 posts.

Sorry about the rant but I've pretty much had it with the "tail wagging the dog" society we seem to have become and certainly don't want to see TT go that way. And besides who knows I could be completely wrong here.
WELL SAID..... I don't think you are wrong on this point. Some need to grow up and get over it.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Wow skip one day on this site and the place goes nuts. First off as with others I would like to say thank you to the mods and Cam in particular on this one for all the work and their efforts to make this a great place to get and share information about the boats we all love.

With that said I do have to say I do support some of the statements being made in regards to people that sign up and their first post is a ad selling their boat. Then the second or third being a PM to the mods on how they don't like something about the board or that a comment has hurt their feelings. From my perspective you're pretty much a guest here until you've contributed something other than a desire to get free advertising for a boat you want to sell. I'm pretty much of the opinion that until you reach the point where you become a contributor you should hold your comments/demands and quit whining about your hurt feelings over what one of the other kids said about your soon to be ex boat.

When I compare this forum to others I've used or monitored it has been quite well mannered and tame by comparison. The vast majority of posts I've seen or been a part of have been very helpful but there is the occasional smart a$$ remark. Big deal, get over it. Let's all be big people here. If you don't like something move on, no one is forcing you to be here or take what you may consider abuse. But please let's not bow to the PC mantra of catering to the "always offended" individual that everyone is supposed to coddle especially if it comes from someone with less than 100 posts.

Sorry about the rant but I've pretty much had it with the "tail wagging the dog" society we seem to have become and certainly don't want to see TT go that way. And besides who knows I could be completely wrong here.
Attached Images

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Quote:

I'd thought about setting a post count limit to post in the classified section, but then figured it is much the nature of the beast. There is just not a good way to control one time posters or few time posters that get the info they want and check out... never to return.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Thanks Cam for doing your best... won't ever be able to please everyone...
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
On CCFan, if you sell something on the site, you contribute 10% of the sale to the site on the honor system. However you guys want to run the marketplace is fine by me. I don't pi$$ and moan when someone buys me a beer and I certainly am not going to complain about a website that lets me sell my stuff without asking for compensation.

I don't have such a sense of entitlement. "But it looks great on youuuu."

Keep her flying straight, gentlemen.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by east tx skier View Post
On CCFan, if you sell something on the site, you contribute 10% of the sale to the site on the honor system. However you guys want to run the marketplace is fine by me. I don't pi$$ and moan when someone buys me a beer and I certainly am not going to complain about a website that lets me sell my stuff without asking for compensation.

I don't have such a sense of entitlement. "But it looks great on youuuu."

Keep her flying straight, gentlemen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvEKRipsCpU
Old 05-10-2013, 08:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
I'd thought about setting a post count limit to post in the classified section, but then figured it is much the nature of the beast. There is just not a good way to control one time posters or few time posters that get the info they want and check out... never to return.
There's a way..... legit and up and up with your control panel.

Hose picture (internal) http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...68&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
..Some of you give a whole new meaning to the phrase "another @sshole with a Mastercraft."

RE: Thrall, Welcome to the club....
NEW SKINS in TN... Leading Edge Marine Interior

feedback on a TN company: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=58767