Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2013, 01:09 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 X45 7.4L
Hey guys...

Took out my 2012 X45 today for the 4th time. The touchscreen would not come on at all. Has anyone had this happen or have any idea what I should check before taking it to the dealer?
Old 05-10-2013, 11:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X2
I've never had that issue. Sorry. I can say that with the new software things have been perfect. Do you have the latest software installed?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012X45 View Post
Hey guys...

Took out my 2012 X45 today for the 4th time. The touchscreen would not come on at all. Has anyone had this happen or have any idea what I should check before taking it to the dealer?
Are you getting a white screen, followed by some lines, then the MasterCraft logo ... and it just loops like this?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2012 X45 7.4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA2010 View Post
Are you getting a white screen, followed by some lines, then the MasterCraft logo ... and it just loops like this?
No, mine is just completely black. It seems that it is not getting any power.

I have not taken mine in for the update yet. I hate to be without this time of year.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 X2
I guess I would pull the panel under the dash and see if maybe a plug is loose. I don't know the first thing about all that and have never looked "behind the curtain" but it is possible for a cable to lossen up during travel or rough rides...maybe. Good luck!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012X45 View Post
No, mine is just completely black. It seems that it is not getting any power.

I have not taken mine in for the update yet. I hate to be without this time of year.
The only thing I can imagine is a plug being loose, although I doubt that, because in that case your cruise functions should come back to the GDIG, and by that you then should know that either the BIG is disconnected or completely dead.

Did the BIG ever come back to life til today?

The software updates are somewhat easy, depending on what you usually do in your days.
If you have a dealer who's willing, there's no need to haul the boat back and forth. There are complete update instructions available since updating is something that's new to boat dealers also...
1. BIG is updateble via usb flashdrive - easiest
2. GDIG Update needs a Flashtool that your dealer sends you - after that, a calibration (run) of roll and pitch is mandatory
3. I'd even go so far that your dealer could send you a new BIG to switch it out yourself

All of the above don't involve highly skilled technicians, if you have commonn sense, put plugs only where they fit and read the instructions until you understand all of it, you shouldn't need to haul you boat around...

recent firmware versions
Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
Some additional advice on the touch screen and software.

1. Don't delete the default boat. For some reason it needs to be there and the default profiles also, leave them alone, create some new ones.

2. Loose connections, when you unplug and plug them back in, I'm wondering if a shot of wd40 or other spray to improve connectivity would help or hinder?

3. I'd also disconnect the battery when unplugging and plugging these electrical components to avoid any kind of surge. Call me crazy, but I think it matters.

4. I'd also check both ends of each connection.

5. if the problem continued, unplug the stereo connection, leave it unplugged and try the system. Then, leaving it unplugged, unplug another system (depth sounder, that's a guess, I haven't looked at the back of the panel.) then run with the stereo and depth sounder unplugged, see if the same problems exists. Finally, try to unplug perfect pass and just have the stereo plugged into the panel. Remember, disconnect the battery for each step (or might be easier to use your battery switch to turn off power).

Above is just a process of elimination.

That said, I haven't had a single problem running the same versions of software Stefan posted, but I also haven't made any configuration changes. Tinkering has been limited to perf pass settings.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: X2
Don't change any of the settings on the profiles that come with the boat? When they do the software update does it set everything back to stock then? Reason i ask is i changed the profiles last year and am going to get the boat this week with the new update installed and i want to make sure i have a 100% trouble free summer if possible
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2012 X30, 6L
I'm just trying to start with as few changes as possible in trouble shooting this particular problem. Sorry, I'm just being cautious. You can adjust the default profiles if you like, I wouldn't delete them.

I was told by MC not to delete the "default boat" in the config as that would force another dealer reload of software.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:16 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X-46 6.0L BSO-II Gen2+
Since I realized I can't delete the original profiles, and when I try to change them this (even on the most recent sw) happens, I decided to leave them alone at all...
And as far as I remember everything gets overwritten when you update the firmware, but the import/export functions work well, if your dealer/mechanic uses its head (not just for good looks ;-) ) before updating, he can save them to the update-usb-drive and restore them from there...might need to piont him to that beforehand

Last edited by Stefan; 05-13-2013 at 10:04 AM.