Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyt View Post
thats a 2013 trailer, and definitely not a 45 trailer. Did your price include the trailer?

make sure you have them reflash your ECM - as i understand indmar finally got the ECM tune right after 2009 and that solved some of the reliability problems with the big block.
I agree, the prop guard is no where near where it should be to do it's job. You should really talk to the dealer/seller about that.(Just read your note about a loaner trailer.)

Also, Indmar service bulletin, SB2008-4MC 8.1L Calibration Updates covers the updates for 07/08 8.1 cal file updates. There is also an oil level type change.

I just saw another folder for 8.1 that has a mandatory update cal file in it so there might be a newer cal file then the one contained in the indmar SB.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf SB2008-4MC 8.1L Calibration Updates.pdf (30.6 KB, 248 views)
File Type: pdf SV2006-2 8.1L Oil Level REV.pdf (16.7 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by CantRepeat; 05-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:12 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, x45, 2006, 8.1L
Sounds like they are going to flash the ECM. With only 63 hours the boat hasn't been back to the dealer for any major service, even with the age. So they are going to run through all the bulletins and tweak as necessary. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Boat: 1997 '190 LT-1/ 'slot
Congrats on the new boat. Lee is a great guy. Bought 3 boats through him in 07, 08, and 09. Spent some time in Charlotte and took a trip to the factory with him.

Prior boats - 2009 X14, 2008 X14, 2005 197, 1988 Tristar 190, 1989 Prostar.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks JohnE
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kweisner View Post
C76. . . congrats on the beautiful boat! Are you here in Charlotte, and if so, where do you plan to run? I have a 197TT and we usually put in at Mountain Island Lake. If you're planning to be out there, let me know an I'll look for you this season. Enjoy!
Hey sorry just caught this. I live down on Wylie so I rarely visit MI or big bro Norman. I stick to the "river" for the most part. That invitation goes for you if you trailer daily, PM me if you get down to Wylie and we will catch up.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Prostar 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeyman76 View Post
Hey sorry just caught this. I live down on Wylie so I rarely visit MI or big bro Norman. I stick to the "river" for the most part. That invitation goes for you if you trailer daily, PM me if you get down to Wylie and we will catch up.
I will do that. We put in at Buster Boyd now and then, but the ramp angle there is so shallow that we have to put out vehicle's back end in the water and then still have to do a pretty aggressive power off. When you say the river, does that mean up the north end? At any rate, congrats again--the boat looks terrific!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
I will do that. We put in at Buster Boyd now and then, but the ramp angle there is so shallow that we have to put out vehicle's back end in the water and then still have to do a pretty aggressive power off. When you say the river, does that mean up the north end? At any rate, congrats again--the boat looks terrific!
Nah, the "river" is just the entire lake, but all the locals here just call it the river.

Yeah Buster is shallow, busy and really rough, there are better ramps off Shopton Rd at Copperhead Landing in Charlotte or further down into Rock Hill.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Nah, the "river" is just the entire lake, but all the locals here just call it the river.

Yeah Buster is shallow, busy and really rough, there are better ramps off Shopton Rd at Copperhead Landing in Charlotte or further down into Rock Hill.
Thanks for the info--we will give Copperhead a try one of these weekends! I'm jealous of anyone that lives lakeside and can just fire up and go! We're "trailer trash" on that score--have to tow in from S. Charlotte/Providence Road area so all ramps are equally inconvenient for us. But it's good to have a boat!

Last edited by Kweisner; 05-09-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks for the info--we will give Copperhead a try one of these weekends! I'm jealous of anyone that lives lakeside and can just fire up and go! We're "trailer trash" on that score--have to tow in from S. Charlotte/Providence Road area so all ramps are equally inconvenient for us. But it's good to have a boat!
Well if you ever want to make a weekend of it and save yourself some work after a long day, you are welcome to tie off at the dock anytime and leave the boat in the water, partner drives the car to the house. About the same time via boat and car from the bridge. I can PM you my address - about 10 mins past the bridge SC side. Its a cove so it doesn't get waves and beat to death.

That is of course if you aren't completely MCOCD and would actually leave your boat "wet" overnight (gasp)

I have a few friends that do that. Actually had a buddy that got a new boat and never told me so I come home and there is a shiny new Chaparral 264 parked at my dock. Thought Poseidon had granted me a gift...
Old 05-12-2013, 09:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Well if you ever want to make a weekend of it and save yourself some work after a long day, you are welcome to tie off at the dock anytime and leave the boat in the water, partner drives the car to the house. About the same time via boat and car from the bridge. I can PM you my address - about 10 mins past the bridge SC side. Its a cove so it doesn't get waves and beat to death.

That is of course if you aren't completely MCOCD and would actually leave your boat "wet" overnight (gasp)
Hey Coffeyman76,

Thanks for your generous offer--I don't have the OCD all that bad and appreciate your generosity! Sorry for the delayed reply too--was up in the Big Apple this weekend for a business event (actually out on the ocean), with no Internet. Anyway, I'll reach out next time we're heading to Wylie and hope we can connect out on the water. We're pretty new owners and looking forward to learning/teaching our three younger teens to wakeboard and ski.