Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
Awesome adventure!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft ProStar 190 1999 330HP Powerslot - 1st MC 1987 ProStar Current 2012 ProStar 197
Very cool trip! And what memories for you and your daughter! Congrats!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 ProStar 190
Sorry; didn't mean to imply not knowing how to resize. My bad. To post a picture simply click on the "Go Advanced" and click the little paperclip next to the smiley face and it will lead you to the site that holds your picture. When I resize I usually just save that picture to the desk top and then retrieve it from there. Sorry if I offended you. that was not my intension.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
You've just given me a new goal- to set up a trip like that for my boys and I. As other have said, that is a trip your daughter will never forget!!
Greg
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 85 Stars&Stripes, safe-t-top, trick realease, boom, flitepipe pylon
Sounds like a great trip. Nice pics.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carisch View Post
Had 2 extra five gallon tanks, and never used them.

I'm fully knowledgeable on re-sizing images, just don't know how to "attach" them here. I click the image button it my only option is to give a url. So I put them up on google plus and then grab that link.

Locks are free, and some are open almost 24 hours a day. You can call ahead to set it up that they are ready for you if you can. The first lock took over an hour, because it was down low, and needed to be raised while we sat there. 72 foot of drop, that took about 20 minutes once we were in and it was flowing. Second lock was perfect. Called ahead, drove right in, and out in 20 minutes. It was 50+ foot of drop.

Time lapse movie coming soon...
Going through a lock is a very cool experience. I used to work for a barge line (the other tow boats) and standing on the front of the tow a few feet away from the lock gates and thinking "Yep, the water is about that high" and looking up 80 feet imagining the wall of water above, really puts a different perspective on things.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 225 vrs 1996
Snipe, no offense taken. Thanks, I finally see the go advanced button, that is what I was missing.

The locks are an engineering marvel. I can't imagine how much force can be applied to those walls and doors from 72 feet of water.

...and yes, small fishing poles. I caught one 12". Nothing better than casting out a line or two when the sun is setting.

Time lapse of the entire trip will be up tomorrow. I took a pic from gopro every 30 seconds for the entire trip.