Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2013, 01:29 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03geetee View Post

I ordered our families 08' Xterra Off Road edition brand new when me and my wife got fed up trying to afford a similar Jeep. With the same options I wanted in both trucks the Jeep was 10K more and still didnt have everything I wanted. I was able to get the Off Road package, side curtain airbags, 500 watt RF stereo (which rocks) I pod hook and towpackage. Everything else I wanted was standard. Love the truck, do my own service and make sure i watch the coolant for contamination. She tows great and I get decent mileage for having 31" Tires.

I love the truck so far and have been a Jeep Guy my whole life.

JTR

Your 2008 Xterra should not have any intermix issues, we have only seen 2005-2007 Pathfinder, Xterra and Frontier (same vehicle under the skin) and Nissan extended the powertrain warranty on these vehicles with a deductible to 100k miles. Best thing you can do to help not cause this issue is to not have the transmission power flushed on this era of truck.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 05-04-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccobmd View Post
I would second the Armda. I have my second, put 150K on the first (2004) with no real issues. Tows my X1 like it's not there.
Yeah I would love the armada just can't afford 30k+
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1983 Skier 190 Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
Your 2008 Xterra should not have any intermix issues, we have only seen 2005-2007 Pathfinder, Xterra and Frontier (same vehicle under the skin) and Nissan extended the powertrain warranty on these vehicles with a deductible to 100k miles. Best thing you can do to help not cause this issue is to not have the transmission power flushed on this era of truck.
Thanks buddy I appreciate the information. Quick question you may have the answer....

I drive the truck with OD switched off for any driving under 55mph. If I do not the tranny will lock the convertor so tight that when I let of the gas and coast a second or two when I reapply some gas the driveline clunks constantly. On the highway in OD I have no issues, but at slow speeds the truck just bucks and clunks because the convertor isnt unlocking when its supposed too.

Any ideas? Other than that I have had ZERO issues with this truck and I love that!

JTR
"The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of GREED-the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of all men will pass, and dictators die and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die Liberty will never perish."
-Charles Chaplin-
Old 05-05-2013, 02:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03geetee View Post
Thanks buddy I appreciate the information. Quick question you may have the answer....

I drive the truck with OD switched off for any driving under 55mph. If I do not the tranny will lock the convertor so tight that when I let of the gas and coast a second or two when I reapply some gas the driveline clunks constantly. On the highway in OD I have no issues, but at slow speeds the truck just bucks and clunks because the convertor isnt unlocking when its supposed too.

Any ideas? Other than that I have had ZERO issues with this truck and I love that!

JTR
How many miles on truck? Does it do this towing or normal driving? Does the truck actually buck or do you Just hear noises. There has been some early driveshaft ujoint wearing on both front and rear causing clunking noises. Nothing comes to mind that specifically describes your symptoms other that TCM/ valve body solenoids might be sticking.

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE