Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-03-2013, 11:56 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 Wakesetter VLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbare View Post
How far does the aft seat go foward to the judges seat? Our sunpad is big enough for me to get in and lay down, and I'm 6'.
I would say it is less than 2' from the front of the bench seat, to the center of the Judges seat chairs. I know this because the AZ sun heats those metal plates up quite a bit, and catch myself hitting them from the rear seat. I wish I had my judges seats local, I'd take a picture of them installed for ya.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:51 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot View Post
I think that it is/was common to have speedo mounts in the aft for show teams. It would make sense than that your boat didn't come with the rear bench seat...most teams remove and store them until they sell the boat. They may have never put it back in, lost it, or whatever.

It's just a guess, but your boat might have some cool history!
Never thought about looking in to the history, is there any way to figure that out? Can the HIN be traced back?
Old 05-03-2013, 03:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Quote:
I think that it is/was common to have speedo mounts in the aft for show teams. It would make sense than that your boat didn't come with the rear bench seat...most teams remove and store them until they sell the boat. They may have never put it back in, lost it, or whatever.

It's just a guess, but your boat might have some cool history!
The BF200 came with a back seat standard...no matter what package you ordered.

The competition package consisted of the 2 jump seats, a single speedo located behind the seat and a stainless prop.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Did all of the "Competition Packages" come with two Judges chairs? My boat only came with one and frankly after the challenge locating that one in their garage, I was glad to have found that one!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Did all of the "Competition Packages" come with two Judges chairs? My boat only came with one and frankly after the challenge locating that one in their garage, I was glad to have found that one!
Yes, 2 seats were came with the package.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
I'm sure there are ways to track the HIN number. I don't know how. If you have 2 jump seats and a speedo as Rock suggests, it's the competition package. I can only guess that's rare...and you wouldn't get a package like that unless you were doing some kind of show skiing/tournaments/competition skiing.

Buying used, I would definitely look for that package.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200
I used to work with a guy whos wife is on the US National Barefoot team, and he used to get one a year from MC at cost, and would sell them when they got the new one. There is a good chance it was one of his. Only problem is you don't always know which or how much of a story to believe with him. there are about 8 of them within about a 5 mile radius, plus about 4 powerstars. I am going to see what I can find out.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:57 PM
MC Maniac

Quote:
I'm sure there are ways to track the HIN number. I don't know how. If you have 2 jump seats and a speedo as Rock suggests, it's the competition package. I can only guess that's rare...and you wouldn't get a package like that unless you were doing some kind of show skiing/tournaments/competition skiing.

Buying used, I would definitely look for that package.
I agree.

The competition package was just an option on the build list...nothing too special. Just as easy as adding a tower or not to a current build list.

Yes, I have not seen many BF200 with the competition package...really not needed by the every day footer. The package could always be "added" after the initial purchase, like I said it is only the 2 jump seats, speedo and prop...can be done easily later.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Just measured. From the front of the bench to the center of the competition seat is 17.5".