Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Ski-me's Avatar
Ski-me Ski-me is offline
MC Maniac
Join Date: Mar 2007
Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
Location: Rocky Mountains....Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,412
So I got the new caliper fittings in the mail yesterday and replaced the old ones. Sure enough, everything now works! My daughter and I went for a test drive going about 40 MPH on a downhill arterial and jammed on the brakes. It felt very solid and at the end of the stop, the rear trailer wheels locked up and we saw some sweet smoke! Definitely better and general driving is great now.

I just finished up cleaning everything up on the routing and securing. I drilled out the rivets and then tapped them to 1/2" and then secured with new SS screws.

Overall Success!

So, my conclusion/lesson learned from all this......just stick with normal, auto parts store lines and use the fittings from the brake rotor/caliper supplier. I also recommend the poly line as the main run from actuator to the first tee of the system by the axles.

Completed work.....

- Jeff

1994 205, LT1
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.