Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 04-13-2013, 11:41 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 09 X45
I would call and talk to them about your concerns. Thats what i did when ordering mine, described my exact usuage and he made the correct cover from the correct material. They can accommodate your needs. You will not find a better cover shop.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
I stored my '88 outside in my driveway with a Sunbrella waterline cover from skiboatcovers.com. The boat stayed perfectly dry and after two years of baking in the sun and being drenched by the rain here in Louisiana the cover still looked new except for a little dust.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 09 X45
I paid around $950 shipped, that was going with Sunbrella fabric though. There are several other material options that should be considered based on use and weather conditions/exposure. I just called him up and talked through my exact situation and he made the cover based on his experience. Sunbrella because of the quality, life expectancy and breathability. Waterline fit as mine gets brief sun exposure on the back and wanted to protect teak platform and gel coat/stickers from fading. Side clips to tighten as I cannot reach my platfrom very well when on the lift. Worth every penny.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
Before pulling the trigger be sure to check out Ameri-brand. http://www.websweeper.com/boatcovers/
The covers are made by Carver which is a reputable company.

I've purchased two covers from them and couldn't be more satisfied.
- The first was a black Sunbrella cover for my X5. It had the drawstring cinch and trailer tiedown straps.
- This spring I've just purchased a black Poly-Guard cover for my X2. (It is strapless and has the rubrail cinch band just like the OEM covers. In that style Sunbrella was not an option.)

When I was in the market I did check with skiboatcovers.com, Overtons, and others, and Ameri-brand was the cheapest.

For your 06 X2 a Sunbrella cover is listed at $615 here http://www.websweeper.com/boatcovers...9771-SUN-11045 That includes tiedown straps. Covers have a 10 yr. warranty. Waterline skirts are also available.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X2
The carver cover seems nice and looks great for the price. Do you know what kind of thread they use. My problem with both Mastercraft covers that I have owned is that the thread begins to disintegrate.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2
I don't know about the thread. I do know that my X5 cover went through summer and winter outdoors for three years with no visible sign of deterioration. A quick call or email to them will give you an answer I'm sure.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
I am looking for some input from those of you that have bought waterline covers. A few times a year I cover my boat while it is floating g tied to the dock. I am concerned that the cover is actually out of the water. I am not concerned with the occasional wave as in the situation I have it covered when floating it is typically raining. I called ski boat covers and the recommended a vinyl aft that covers the platform. But I am not crazy about that.