Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft ProStar 209X9 & ProStar 190 LT1-Powerslot
Thanks, that is sound advice. Accessability to my lake is very good but the course I need to rely on my neighbor on the weekends. If you could only free ski, what would you do then between course experience?

This is where I am starting from. The video is a couple years old but to put it frankly I don't think I have progressed much farther in the past couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXdE7...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-03-2013, 09:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
It looks to me like you are locking your front leg, especially on your off side turn.

I'm more old school like Kyle. You should be able to draw a straight line from your shoulders through your hips to your feet, thus keeping you centered on the ski. Get those shoulders back and edge all the way through the wake.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 05-03-2013, 09:35 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by epnault View Post
Thanks, that is sound advice. Accessability to my lake is very good but the course I need to rely on my neighbor on the weekends. If you could only free ski, what would you do then between course experience?

This is where I am starting from. The video is a couple years old but to put it frankly I don't think I have progressed much farther in the past couple of years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXdE7...ature=youtu.be
Same problem as me epnault has the right coaching...that's what i am working on this year...

Must keep shoulders back and body stacked... that's what I going to be thinking on my next time out....

This is going to be a great coaching thread!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
2013 Barefooting Goals:

Get up long line backwards. Work on driving chin and chest into water and holding 3-point position. Hold handle on butt and accentuate bent knee position.

Strengthen right one foots. Stop plowing…start gliding. Work into right one-foot toe-holds. Get comfortable holding and riding position.

Be able to do all tricks long line that I can do on the boom.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
1) Run -38 off. Last year was 3@-38. This year so far I'm at 3@-35 after 2) 4 pass sets.
This is because you were skiing behind a bada-- pimp boat with a bada-- pimp driver!

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Boatless!!! NXT? X2?
This thread is fantastic. I bought my X Star last year and a bunch of us started wakeboarding all basically newbies. What made us go wake to wake for the first time was a $100 bet between three of us. Two losers paid winner $50. So this thread is great to help learn, grow and PUSH people. Without the bet not sure I would have hit the wake that hard for a long time (and yes I did win the bet with video evidence since they were not present (perks of being boat owner)).

So for my goals. First wakeboarding:

1. Toe side wake to wake. (watched a thousand pro videos paying attention to posture approach and take off)
2. Air Raley
3. Learn to ride switch better

The Air Raley is going to be fun. I have boosted into the flats a few times last season with full ballast. Looking forward to this challenge and hopefully not face planting too hard. I can ride switch all day on a snowboard, the wakeboard is a different story.

Also, I asked my future father in law to teach me to slalom. I have never water ski before, but I want to be able to do one of these water sports with him. Wishing we had a mastercraft to tow but his SeaRay will have to do.

Slalom goals:

1. Get out of the water and up on one ski
2. Get comfortable.
3. Link a few turns!

Here is a longer video of myself (Mike) and my lady friend wake boarding and her dad and buddy slalom skiing. Only footage I have of wakeboarding on you tube currently. Longer movie. And save the boat ramp comment lol. It was the first time I ever had the lady back me into the water. But we made it through it! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxE1rnZELc
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawler34 View Post
This thread is fantastic. I bought my X Star last year and a bunch of us started wakeboarding all basically newbies. What made us go wake to wake for the first time was a $100 bet between three of us. Two losers paid winner $50. So this thread is great to help learn, grow and PUSH people. Without the bet not sure I would have hit the wake that hard for a long time (and yes I did win the bet with video evidence since they were not present (perks of being boat owner)).

So for my goals. First wakeboarding:

1. Toe side wake to wake. (watched a thousand pro videos paying attention to posture approach and take off)
2. Air Raley
3. Learn to ride switch better

The Air Raley is going to be fun. I have boosted into the flats a few times last season with full ballast. Looking forward to this challenge and hopefully not face planting too hard. I can ride switch all day on a snowboard, the wakeboard is a different story.

Also, I asked my future father in law to teach me to slalom. I have never water ski before, but I want to be able to do one of these water sports with him. Wishing we had a mastercraft to tow but his SeaRay will have to do.

Slalom goals:

1. Get out of the water and up on one ski
2. Get comfortable.
3. Link a few turns!

Here is a longer video of myself (Mike) and my lady friend wake boarding and her dad and buddy slalom skiing. Only footage I have of wakeboarding on you tube currently. Longer movie. And save the boat ramp comment lol. It was the first time I ever had the lady back me into the water. But we made it through it! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxE1rnZELc
Nice... I can always do some encouragin' when I am out your way..

What are you towing the slalom skiers with?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Boatless!!! NXT? X2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Nice... I can always do some encouragin' when I am out your way..

What are you towing the slalom skiers with?
The lady friends dad has a 1997 18' SeaRay. Works well for his purposes. Still trying to talk him into getting a '95 or newer 205.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlawler34 View Post
The lady friends dad has a 1997 18' SeaRay. Works well for his purposes. Still trying to talk him into getting a '95 or newer 205.
Oh great - tx...rat will have a good time with this...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Oh great - tx...rat will have a good time with this...
Wasn't there a hull change that ruined the wake between 81 and 97?

Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding...

You know they all have a little string hanging out, but it's not a tampon, it's a price tag...