Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 AM

Boat: 06 X30
It seems the state and RP have two different versions of what was happening.

http://states.ng.mil/sites/MA/News/P...0Citizens.aspx
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Where they are trained does not change who or what they are. Using MEPS Miltary Entrance Processing does not make them US Armed Force when activated by the governor of a state.
Dumbest logic I have ever heard on this topic. Even your article in the last post you made they call them soldiers.

How's the weather in lala land?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Dumbest logic I have ever heard on this topic. Even your article in the last post you made they call them soldiers.

How's the weather in lala land?

Then clearly you don't know the difference between NG and Army or how their role is defined by who calls them up. Do you understand what martial law is? It seems neither does paul.

Just because someone called them Soldiers doesn't make them US Armed Forces occupying under martial law.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM

Martial law on a federal level has to be declared by congress or the president. On the state level it is the governor. What role was the Mass NG playing when they were used to keep the Boston marathon run route clear? Did they have the power to arrest or detain anyone?

Again, like all topics in this thread stop drinking the kool aid and remove the blinders.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Martial law on a federal level has to be declared by congress or the president. On the state level it is the governor. What role was the Mass NG playing when they were used to keep the Boston marathon run route clear? Did they have the power to arrest or detain anyone?

Again, like all topics in this thread stop drinking the kool aid and remove the blinders.
Wow. National martial law or state. And I was a member of the Active duty US Army, the Army reserves and Illinois national guard. On all my uniforms is said US Army on it. Call any of the guys in any of my units non military. See what happens to you. Don't mock soldiers. No matter who calls them to duty. Doesn't change who they are.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Wow. National martial law or state. And I was a member of the Active duty US Army, the Army reserves and Illinois national guard. On all my uniforms is said US Army on it. Call any of the guys in any of my units non military. See what happens to you. Don't mock soldiers. No matter who calls them to duty. Doesn't change who they are.

Yeah, 24 years active Army Infantry for myself. Again, who calls up the NG and what role is on the activation order means the world of difference. With your experience clearly you know there is a difference. Yes, it makes a difference in their role based on who activates them.

Who is mocking Soldiers here? I guess you didn't seem my post about how the NG has served greatly in both war zones. Please stop trying to make this personal. Implying threats over the internet, now that is dumb.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Local government police officials are just that. Civilians. But that line was crossed years ago. The concept of local police authorities is civilians policing civilians. Most cities even require them to be residents of the town they work in. Because they want civilians from their own neighborhoods policing themselves. State or federal NG is a military presence. Which I agree required an elected government official to call up. And as far as the line in the sand I spoke of. Mine starts at 100% freedom. Anything short of that is a violation of the oaths I swore to uphold. Last I checked. Those oaths don't expire. An unconstitutional law is not a law. Police are civilians. National guards whether state or federal are military entities. A spade is a spade. Nuph sed

When has anyone been 100% free to do what they want, when they want? That went away thousands of years ago. The only people who are completely free are those who live alone, away from anyone else. If they live with others, the one(s) who are 100% free would be the ones in power because any time people live together, someone is always going to tell others they can't do some behavior, have some thing, etc.

Unfortunately, human nature gets in the way of freedom, in all cases. For any group who wants to be free, there's always another group who wants to tell others what to do.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 AM
MC Devotee

Can't Repeat, If you served in the infantry then what is our credo? Repeat that to yourself (or I guess you can't repeat) and you will have your answer. here i'll refresh you:
I forsake not...
my country,
my mission
my comrades,
my sacred duty.

Or in the Soldiers Credo: "I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life."

Both if you were in you swore to.

It is personal, battle. You are talking about my brothers. My country, my civilians rights I swore to protect. I hate to break it to you but no matter who calls them to duty for any reason. They are soldiers. Make no mistake about that. And a soldiers presence in a civilian setting is a violation of our freedoms. Mainly the 4th amendment.

I read what you said. You said if the Governor calls them to duty, then they are not a military entity. Heard it loud and clear.

I Served:
11X 82nd Airborn
19K 2-81 Armor

I highly doubt you were in. No one who ever served would make a statement of contempt like that.

JimN- I totally agree with you. However, that is no reason to accept it.

Again, Can'tRepeat, FOLLOW ME, I will lead the way.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:57 AM

How were you an 11X assigned to the 82nd? Last I check no one is ever an 11X after basic. Never. You are 1 of 3 things a bravo a charlie or a mike after basic and not even mikes now.

What unit in the 82nd.

I am not talking poorly about any Soldier NG or otherwise. I've not said one bad thing about them. The only thing we are discussing here is martial law and whether or not Mass was under it. It's a legal discussion about such.

If you want to flail about and get mad over it then don't do it on the idea that I said anything bad about the NG.

When state activated they are a state force and are not federal troops.

As far as my service, 1SG Bravo Company 1st BN 327th Infantry Fort Campbell KY and a small little town of Hawija Iraq.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 AM

Let there be no doubt as to my service. Your's in the 82nd is now in question.
Attached Images