Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 08:51 PM

Boat: 06 X30
A bunch of photo chopped still photos and national guard called up by the governor of the state.

I'll patiently wait for your spin on how NG are US Armed Forces ordered by the Commander and Chief into battle on US soil.

Again Alex, I'll take Martial Law for $1000.

"Military Police" does not mean US Army and calling up the NG does not mean martial law. Is Ron Paul that damn clueless about the difference? How can he speak the truth when he clearly does not know it?

The photo, how do you know the guy is not offering a cold water to the NG soldiers who are not checking IDs? If its a check point then why are they not stopping everyone crossing the street? They don't even seem to care who is crossing the street let alone operating a check point and oh by the way they are not even under arms. Who trained you on checks points that you could even decide if this is a check point? Pretty poor check point as far as my training goes. Could be they are NG medics stationed to help?

How do you sleep thinking like this?

edit

Just watch 5:38 clearly they are NG and not United States Armed Forces and who knows where and when that still photo was taken.

Please provide more BS chopped up new videos to support martial law. Do you really drink this stuff up?

Pls, do not pick just a small item to rebut but rather all of my post.

Last edited by CantRepeat; 04-29-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Those are MP's no matter who sent them or what you call it. Last I checked police are civilians policing civilians. Military Police presence on US ground in civilian areas would be crossing that line of civilian police, for me. I don't know where you draw the line. But mine is clear, emboldened, and non negotiable.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post
Those are MP's no matter who sent them or what you call it. Last I checked police are civilians policing civilians. Military Police presence on US ground in civilian areas would be crossing that line of civilian police, for me. I don't know where you draw the line. But mine is clear, emboldened, and non negotiable.

When it comes to law there is clearly a difference between NG and US Army when it comes to policing US and it makes a very big difference who calls up NG troops.

When it comes to NG call ups you don't get to draw the line, the Governor of the states does.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
When it comes to law there is clearly a difference between NG and US Army when it comes to policing US and it makes a very big difference who calls up NG troops.

When it comes to NG call ups you don't get to draw the line, the Governor of the states does.
There's a difference between the National Guard and the US National Guard, too. If it was the US National guard, it's a problem.

From Wiki, in the article about Militia Code- "The National Guard however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked."
Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
There's a difference between the National Guard and the US National Guard, too. If it was the US National guard, it's a problem.

From Wiki, in the article about Militia Code- "The National Guard however, is not to be confused with the National Guard of the United States, which is a federally recognized reserve military force, although the two are linked."

Which goes more to the who called them up or activated them. We all know State NG served with great effect in both the war zones. However, if the governor called them up they are state controlled members not US combat forces in a martial law role.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post

Police are not part of a civilian force- they're part of the local government. A Police Auxiliary is about as close as we have to a Civilian Police force, IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa..._United_States
Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Which goes more to the who called them up or activated them. We all know State NG served with great effect in both the war zones. However, if the governor called them up they are state controlled members not US combat forces in a martial law role.
I don't remember hearing whether someone declared a state of emergency, or who did this. In the case of Boston's manhunt, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but it may not have been reported by the news outlets. With the way DHS is being granted special leeway, it's definitely possible they decided that a public declaration wasn't necessary.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Police are not part of a civilian force- they're part of the local government. A Police Auxiliary is about as close as we have to a Civilian Police force, IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa..._United_States
Local government police officials are just that. Civilians. But that line was crossed years ago. The concept of local police authorities is civilians policing civilians. Most cities even require them to be residents of the town they work in. Because they want civilians from their own neighborhoods policing themselves. State or federal NG is a military presence. Which I agree required an elected government official to call up. And as far as the line in the sand I spoke of. Mine starts at 100% freedom. Anything short of that is a violation of the oaths I swore to uphold. Last I checked. Those oaths don't expire. An unconstitutional law is not a law. Police are civilians. National guards whether state or federal are military entities. A spade is a spade. Nuph sed

Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:

Last time I checked all state National Guard troops have to go through MEPS. The Military Entry Processing Station then to basic combat training. Not the police academy and then maybe a government job. Not much more governmental than a mail carrier.

Just like the Federal Reserve Bank is about as federal as Federal Express. But they have power to print out money.

So why do governors have control over military units? Because its the same. Local/state government gaining military abilities as more and more rights and freedoms are stripped in the name of safety for the greater good.

Ron Paul is right. Freedoms were violated here.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 AM

Where they are trained does not change who or what they are. Using MEPS Miltary Entrance Processing does not make them US Armed Force when activated by the governor of a state.